Driven Paralegal successful at thriving in high stress, high-pressure environments and situations involving constant change and vast ambiguity in data and instruction. Technologically-savvy Paralegal able to navigate legal software, spreadsheets and telecommunications functions with ease. Expertise includes video conferencing technical support. Gifted [Job Title] endorsing skills in [Skill] and [Skill]. Experienced in [Area of expertise] and [Area of expertise]. Pursuing dynamic opportunity with law firm where hard work and attention to detail will be appreciated.
• Heavy Client, Court, Agency and Opposing Counsel contact.
• Conduct factual and legal investigations at various stages of criminal matters, pre arrest, pre-trial, trial and post-conviction.
• Conduct factual and legal investigations at various stages of civil matters, intake, pre complaint, demand, mediation, litigation, and trials.
• Drafting complaints, orders to show cause for torts, 1983 actions, Article 78 proceedings, landlord-tenant, Religious Corporation Law property sale petitions and Appellate Writs of Mandamus.
• Utilize Pacer, Acris, Ecourts, HPD Access, Skip Trace, West Law, Lexis and other web based means for investigatory, research and filing tools.
• Interview clients and witnesses and prepare them for testimony, depositions and proffer sessions.
• Assess the viability of criminal and civil claims throughout representation.
• Prepare subpoenas and preservation letters as needed.
• Review and analyze commercial and residential leases, mortgage documents from origination to consummation, inspection reports, appraisals and professional advice previously offered to clients on transaction for legal propriety.
• Review State and Federal, civil and criminal case files and transcripts in order to identify non frivolous issues to draft appellate briefs and leave applications on State and Federal matters.
• Analyze business regulatory practices and draft best practices memorandums for regulatory compliance.
• Direct and coordinated law office activity, including litigation, trial schedules, and expert witnesses.
• Continuously monitor and assess legal strategy on civil and criminal matters from inception to plea, settlement or verdict.
• Create business entities in New York State for clients seeking to form Corporations, Limited Liability Companies or Partnership Agreements.
• Law Firm media liaison on media cases involving recordings artist, physicians, software developers, etc.
• Train junior associates and legal interns regarding research tools and mechanisms, practical operations of courts and motion practice.
• Supervise legal interns, legal assistants and other paralegals.
• Assisted with loan processing and performed closing activities for residential and commercial real estate matters.
• Prepared and reviewed purchase contracts, agreements, leases, deeds and closing binders.
• Closed all loans and real estate transactions in a timely manner and handled post loan-closing paperwork.
• Converted prospects to closed sales on commercial and residential deals for clients located throughout New York City and Long Island's Nassau/Suffolk counties.
• Conducted due diligence investigations on properties in order to best guide client to a successful closing.
• Utilized Pacer, Acris, Ecourts, HPD Access, West Law, Lexis and other web based means to complete pre offer and pre contract and closing due diligence.
• Contacted and liaised with relevant title companies, zoning consultants, property surveyors and government agencies regarding properties.
• Developed and maintained positive working relationships with property sellers, lenders, buyers and attorneys.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: