Driven Paralegal successful at thriving in high stress, high-pressure environments and situations involving constant change and vast ambiguity in data and instruction. Technologically-savvy Paralegal able to navigate legal software, spreadsheets and telecommunications functions with ease. Expertise includes video conferencing technical support. Gifted [Job Title] endorsing skills in [Skill] and [Skill]. Experienced in [Area of expertise] and [Area of expertise]. Pursuing dynamic opportunity with law firm where hard work and attention to detail will be appreciated.
• Heavy Client, Court, Agency and Opposing Counsel contact.
• Conduct factual and legal investigations at various stages of criminal matters, pre arrest, pre-trial, trial and post-conviction.
• Conduct factual and legal investigations at various stages of civil matters, intake, pre complaint, demand, mediation, litigation, and trials.
• Drafting complaints, orders to show cause for torts, 1983 actions, Article 78 proceedings, landlord-tenant, Religious Corporation Law property sale petitions and Appellate Writs of Mandamus.
• Utilize Pacer, Acris, Ecourts, HPD Access, Skip Trace, West Law, Lexis and other web based means for investigatory, research and filing tools.
• Interview clients and witnesses and prepare them for testimony, depositions and proffer sessions.
• Assess the viability of criminal and civil claims throughout representation.
• Prepare subpoenas and preservation letters as needed.
• Review and analyze commercial and residential leases, mortgage documents from origination to consummation, inspection reports, appraisals and professional advice previously offered to clients on transaction for legal propriety.
• Review State and Federal, civil and criminal case files and transcripts in order to identify non frivolous issues to draft appellate briefs and leave applications on State and Federal matters.
• Analyze business regulatory practices and draft best practices memorandums for regulatory compliance.
• Direct and coordinated law office activity, including litigation, trial schedules, and expert witnesses.
• Continuously monitor and assess legal strategy on civil and criminal matters from inception to plea, settlement or verdict.
• Create business entities in New York State for clients seeking to form Corporations, Limited Liability Companies or Partnership Agreements.
• Law Firm media liaison on media cases involving recordings artist, physicians, software developers, etc.
• Train junior associates and legal interns regarding research tools and mechanisms, practical operations of courts and motion practice.
• Supervise legal interns, legal assistants and other paralegals.
• Assisted with loan processing and performed closing activities for residential and commercial real estate matters.
• Prepared and reviewed purchase contracts, agreements, leases, deeds and closing binders.
• Closed all loans and real estate transactions in a timely manner and handled post loan-closing paperwork.
• Converted prospects to closed sales on commercial and residential deals for clients located throughout New York City and Long Island's Nassau/Suffolk counties.
• Conducted due diligence investigations on properties in order to best guide client to a successful closing.
• Utilized Pacer, Acris, Ecourts, HPD Access, West Law, Lexis and other web based means to complete pre offer and pre contract and closing due diligence.
• Contacted and liaised with relevant title companies, zoning consultants, property surveyors and government agencies regarding properties.
• Developed and maintained positive working relationships with property sellers, lenders, buyers and attorneys.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: