100s of the Best Resume Templates To Make a Great First Impression
At LiveCareer, we take resumes seriously. Our library includes a vast array of professionally designed templates including modern, creative, traditional, and a 100% free text template. Keep your resume on the top of the proverbial pile with LiveCareer.
As seen in :
Modern Resume Templates
Sometimes you want to stand out in a classy way. Our library of best-in-class Modern resume templates help Gen X, Y, Z and you – do just that. They’re more minimalist with less embellishment than a traditional resume.
Professional Resume Templates
When you want a more traditional looking resume, choose our most popular professional style.
It works best in a business environment because it is the expected layout a recruiter
is used to seeing as it conforms to business norms.
Creative Resume Templates
If you’re applying for a job in a creative industry or just want a more stylistic, colorful and playful resume, then check out our latest Creative templates. They are the best way to help you get
a creative job since you’ll increase your chances of catching the recruiter’s eye versus
a more traditional resume.
Traditional Resume Templates
These are best when you want to avoid clutter and ensure you get through any automated resume screening software. We constantly test these to make sure they have the best shot at getting your resume through to a human.
Our Customers Prove our Resume Builder is Better
Our designers constantly monitor and pick out the best ones that will visually highlight your strengths. The design’s clean and up-to-date layout focuses the readers’ attention on your skills and work experience.
Why choose a modern layout?
- Show that you’re up-to-date and on-trend
- Applying for a career in a forward-thinking industry or job-title
- You desire a fresh design aesthetic that matches your personality
Our Professional templates are tried and true. We know they work because our users tell us! They’re also our most popular resume templates. Professional templates are best for most job seekers and help you ‘play it safe’ when it comes to layout and design because they strike a good balance across all the important 5 sections of your resume.
Why choose a Professional layout?
- Recruiters and HR managers are familiar and comfortable with it
- Proven to work time and time again
- Presents you a true professional right for the job
Choose this resume template if you work in a creative industry like film, graphic design, UX/UI, photography or other artistic industries. Professionally designed creative templates will help you stand out with small but thoughtful visual elements that bring your resume to life.
Why choose a Creative layout?
- In an artistic industry and/or want to stand out.
- Have a non-traditional work experience background
- Want to show your creativity and originality
If you want to keep things short and sweet, then consider a traditional
resume template template. We’ve specifically designed and tested these resume templates to ensure they will pass automated resume screener software that nearly every company uses nowadays to sort through the huge number of resumes they receive.
Why choose a traditional layout?
- Limited work experience or skills
- Government, municipal or civil services work
- Seeking job at a conservative company
How to Choose the Right Resume
Choosing the right resume to represent you is a personal decision. You want to stand out while remaining professional. This differs for every person and every job you are applying for – which is why we offer so many templates. With over 10 years of helping job seekers get the job they want – here are the top 5 things we recommend thinking about before deciding:
- Does this present me in the best light? Remember, a recruiter will only spend about 6 seconds on your resume before moving on to the next candidate. In those 6 seconds, can they glean why you’re the candidate that should move to the next round and how you are different/better than other candidates they are considering?
- Will you get past the automated resume screening software? Fortunately, any LiveCareer template you pick will get past the automated screening software that rejects so many resumes today. So pick one that stands out to you and use our resume builder to help fill in the text you need to really make a great first impression.
- Use a One Page Template Unless you have more than 10 years of experience, keep your resume to just one page. This forces you to make sure you are only keeping the most essential and important information on your resume.
- Match your resume to the job you want Don’t use the same resume with the same words for every job you apply to. Recruiters will quickly pick up that you didn’t take the time to customize it for their job and discard it.
- Be sure you pick the right resume format for the template you pick Picking your resume template is the first step. Next, be sure you pick the right resume format as well. There are three options Chronological, Functional and Combination. To learn more about these three formats and which one you should use, click here.
The Dos & Don’ts to Creating a Resume
- Carry over important keywords you see listed in the job description
- Customize the words on your resume for each job you apply to
- Remember to include all expected resume sections (i.e. name and contact information, professional summary, work experience, skills, and education)
- Carefully proof it to make sure it prints out correctly
- Use all images – remember that automated resume software screener can’t read pictures
- Rush and pick the first template you see
- Have inconsistent formatting and fonts
- Add irrelevant information or sections to your template that aren’t pertinent to the job you want