From my prior experience I have learned many skills and become more comfortable with interactions with a large group of people. Some of the skills I have established are being outgoing, a team player, organization skills, communication skills, speaking skills, and more. Along with those I really enjoy interacting with others and learning new skills. I like to brighten people's day while enjoying the work I am doing. Creating a fun environment but also knowing when to really concentrate and get work done is especially important to me. I am very dedicated in everything I do, and so for that I am extremely excited to start this new journey!
I am currently in college and this is my work-study job
Along with my jobs I also volunteer:
- I am currently in C-STEP Leadership (Transfer program at UNC) where it is my job to help come up with, promote, and execute any events that we plan for C-STEP students. I am a resource for all C-STEP students that need help, I host events, communicate with classes coming to UNC next, and help run the C-STEP Instagram and GroupMe platforms
- I am also currently part of Carolina Covid Student Service Corps. I volunteer once a week, and make/give COVID-19 test to the students and staff at UNC. It is my job to make sure students and staff are doing them properly to make sure our campus stays safe.
- I volunteered at the Carolina Blood drive, which was the largest single-day blood drive in the Country during this pandemic.
- I have also volunteered at Habitat for Humanity and helped with the process of building a family their home. I coordinated with C-STEP students to come out and help this family in need.
- I was a Student Ambassador for my Community College and some of duties included, volunteer with the college, set up events, represent the college, work with students, welcome new students, host events , and hold a leadership position.
- I was also the Student voice for the Central Carolina Community College Joint Library group. My job was to express how students felt about sharing their school library with the public.
Job Titles Held: