My background is focused on science, engineering, welding, and construction. I am a community college student currently working on my AS degree focused towards science and engineering. basic knowledge of troubleshooting electrical systems studied in 2017 and a lot of low voltage experience. low voltage wiring for travel motor to desired locations, optical sensors, inside wall button, keyless wireless keypad programming, wire then programing travel limits of operator/motor. programming, troubleshooting, low voltage.
Hands on and mechanically inclined.
enrolled entry level welding classes orange coast college in costa mesa fall semester of 2019. Main experience hands on a lot of Shielded metal arc welding and oxy acetylene. I have experience in using oxy acetylene set up cutting torches, some recreational welding in my garage with my old miller shielded metal arc welding machine, I've performed mig and tig a few times in my classes but most of my training was cut short because of coronavirus. I am currently working contract employment off thumbtack pro as a handyman/demolition service named HEH&D being my small business im trying to start up. While I work part time, maybe 10-15 hours a week with my family company as a residential garage door installer technician and I'm currently enrolled in 6 units at saddleback college and orange coast college. My experience in welding is recent compared to my overall experience on a construction site.
I have experience in the garage door industry, installation of a complete new garage door, electric motor, optical sensors, springs and torsion assembly which requires a Well rounded understanding of the importance of mechanics under high tension for the torsion assembly. I am mechanically inclined and enjoy technical work that requires more focus and intelligence than the average, status quo positions I've seen an abundance of. I work hard and learn quickly so in all honesty I believe I would be a valuable employee to your organization. I am Analytical, energetic, hands-on and resourceful. Ready to start a great career as a specified technician.
Graduated with a 3.5 GPA. Engaged in work experience course while attending classes.
Garage door technician responsibilities include
- Renovation of jams/ square opening in order to manipulate measurement specifications.
- assemble track using 7/16 track bolts, 9/16 track bolts, stack door panels and attach using hinges and 7/16 Tech screws
- Assemble pulley/torsion system using cables drums and springs with certain torque specifications. This is for the weight of the door
- Back hang the tracks with punch angle and wood lag screws to studs in the ceiling and 5/16 nuts and bolts supporting the tracks that the door travels along.
- Motor installed from ceiling using punch angle requires running low voltage wires for wall button and optical sensors attached to track.
- stack the panels and attach using hinges and 7/16 tech screws.
- Program the motor head/operator for pressure sensitivity and movement limits in the upward and downward traveling positions.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: