• Qualified Vendor screening and tracking (SBA, minority or women owned, etc.)
• Manage Purchase Order & tracking System
• Supervise purchasing, (“old” parts expert), delivery, and transport assistant
• Monday morning weekly fuel survey report by Brusco Ports
• Manage HELM System for vessels
• Evaluates marine employees for optimum utilization.
• Work closely with HR and Port Captain to Provide crew needs and work schedules for marine employees.
• Provides vacation and illness relief for marine employees on a 24-hour a day, seven days a week basis.
• Assists with scheduling crews for ocean division vessels.
• Provide Crewing oversight to Ship Assist outports
• Assists in managing unions head count to avoid additional costs due to guaranteed wage rule.
• Works with HR and Port Captain in disciplining marine personnel as required for conduct and performance.
• Assists all mariners of reconciliation of expense reports and coding to proper vessels
• Works with outside vendors as necessary to set up training schedule dates on a yearly basis.
• Provides crew training at vessel outports
• Motivates and schedules marine employees for the outport training and refresher classes
• Maintains database for two-day and five-day training classes at outports
• Maintains database for Coast Guard licenses for deck officers and engineers
• Maintain database and is responsible for updating Pacific Pilotage Authority list
• Maintains length of service for deck officers and seniority lists for various union employees
· Provide work Schedules for marine employees
· Provide vacation and illness relief for marine employees 24-hours, seven days a week basis
· Evaluate marine employees for optimum utilization
· Manage IBU headcount to avoid additional costs to guarantee wage rule.
· Hire individuals as required to crew vessels consistent with US Coast Guard license requirements. E.E.O and affirmative action's commitment.
· Work with Marine Operations in disciplining marine personnel as required for conduct and performance
· Assist in negotiations and implementation of labor contracts including grievance resolutions.
· Review validity of all wages relative to union agreements, including daily wages, hourly overtime, sick leave, short term disability and vacation pay.
· Input all data into online payroll system for all wages paid to marine personnel
· Produce all drug letters and seatime reports
· Work with outside vendors to set up training schedules and dates on a yearly basis.
· Schedule marine employees for in person training classes
· Oversee all of Halogen online training courses and verify completion.
· Maintain data base for two and five day training classes
· Maintain data base for Coast Guard license and deck officer and engineers
· Responsible for new implementation and training of Jobs and Personnel modules in Helm both CSR and San Francisco
· Assist all mariners in reconciliation of expense reports and coding of all expenses to proper vessels.
· Gather and put together the endo of month fuel and lube reports.
· Conduct vessel visitations on a regular basis to interact with crews for the purpose of enhancing office vessel communication in addition to identification of any personnel issues that require resolution.
· Travel to other regions in order to get the mariners in compliance with ADP, Etime, VMS Time Management, email set, all training for new implementation all programs
· Responsible of all education, training and development.
· Programs I am involved with daily Helm, VMS, ADP, SAP. Halogen, Markview, Recruiting Management
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: