Since 2011 i have worked with youth in my city. I have taken kids on mission trips, helped around the united states, and worked with the most difficult kids there is.
I have a a unique way of reaching kids that works over any geographic barrier or language barrier. Love kids right where they are regardless of what they've done or are doing.
1 Corinthians 13:3- Though i speak with the tongues of angels and men and have not love, i am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
I like for kids that listen to me minister to know that i love them regardless if anything in their life changes or not. By doing this sincerely the same kids' lives begin to change!
It worked all over my little city, in Medillin, Colombia and all over the island of Trinidad!
I am in the business of seeing lives who have never experienced the power of God experience the power of God!
Many students that are known for bad or negative behavior tend to not only listen to me, but want to listen to my instructions.
- Many parents and even our local schools have called me in to talk to students, because the students give me a respect others have not seen.
- i believe it has everything to do with them knowing that i generally care!
While working with the youth i have been able to help them grow in public speaking, the way they resolve problems, and how they deal with new obstacles that present themselves.
- Many students overlooked as leaders i given the opportunity to lead and succeed at my facility.
- One night I had many volunteers call off. I had to help with homework, lead activities, cook a meal, and watch all the kids.
Johnathan McCall a youth at the time and now an adult who has given permission for me to use his name and tell his story. Had to step up and lead my activities. He entertained over 20 kids on our basketball court, an additional 18 more watched TV and played video games,and all while i was making dinner.
- Johnathan later asked what would i have to do to run one of your centers some day. He found out how much he enjoyed being a leader and making a difference.
At my facility i also help any student that needs it with their homework and catch up on any missing work.
- I also give the opportunity for my older students to have the honor of helping a younger student.
Through Leader's Edge I teach a course called Antivirus. The course helps to teach leadership qualities, and good characteristics that will help lead a student to success!
- I teach the same way i run my center i want the kids to know that i care.
- After two weeks of teaching my course i had over 50 new teens coming to the my center on a regular.
- Many of these kids have made the center i run a second home, and me an additional part of the family!
- I have many remarks from students, such as
1) Zac helped me to know that i have worth.
2) I wont let people abuse or mistreat me anymore
3) i use to be depressed and never smile, but being around Zac and his contagious smile i cant help but smile all the time now.
These are just a few examples of comments from students i had the privilege to teach my course to.
During my time as the youth director at Pathways Fellowship's Teen Center.
- My goal at the teen center was to create a family type atmosphere. Where kids know that they are loved.
- The teens knowing the person talking to them, mentoring them, and giving them advice genuinely cares for them has made them more open to the instructions given at my facility!
- I am in contact with the schools regularly to help students falling behind get back on track.
- AT my facility i make sure every kids has a meal as well, and often distribute food, clothing, hygiene supplies, furniture and whatever else a student may need.
- i also plan events such as basketball tournaments, dances and free hair cut parties at my center to help teens in my area and to reach more and more teens in need.
-We even hold lock ins with guest speakers sharing their testimonies, helping our struggling youth.
- Matthew 5:16- Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
- Through the many good deeds we do it has opened the door to witness to many kids that have never even thought about going ot church, and has them coming on a weekly bases where the word is being preached.
In 2016 I took a youth that i worked with since 2011 on his first mission trip. We were invited my Mike and Pam Lumbard the directors of the School for Global Leaders in Trinidad and Tobago.
-We went to Trinidad and helped plan many on the spot VBS's.
-We helped with prayer walks.
-Spoke on behalf of our Lord and savior in many different settings from churches to the same streets they sell drugs on.
- Helped our neighbors with food and transportation
- Had many prayer walks and many in neighborhoods where Christians weren't welcome!
After my 2016 trip i returned to Trinidad two more times doing so much more than i can write.
One trip was for a month.
The other trip was supposed to be for a month, but when the smallest church in Trinidad heard i was coming back prayed to God to provide the money for me to stay for 3 months. That church that prays to keep the lights on each month came up with $17,000 tt dollars (a little over $2,000 usd) for me to stay
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: