Dedicated Maintenance Manager offering 20+ years of successful team management in maintenance-driven roles. Adept at scheduling facilities maintenance to minimizing downtime and safety hazards. Well-versed in equipment troubleshooting and repair with focus on quality and efficiency.
* Manage and supervise all maintenance personnel on two shifts including technicians, mechanics,specialists as well as maintenance laborers (clean up and custodial)on day shift.
* Institute and maintain preventative maintenance program on all MHE (material handling equipment) as well as facility and grounds.
* Approve and order parts and supplies for repairs of all MHE and facility and grounds.
* Create and manage work order system for all operations , building and grounds.
* Create and maintain cost tracking system for MHE.
* Create and maintain replacement schedule for MHE, including budgets.
* Prepare and submit all capital expenditure requests.
* Plan and manage all aspects of capital projects from inception to completion, including outside contractors. Coordinate with all operations managers affected by capital improvements to ensure production is affected in the least amount possible.
* Monitor weather conditions and coordinate snow and ice removal crews for both shifts to ensure safe operations.
* Manage cardboard, plastic, paper and other recycle programs.
* Manage and coordinate fire sprinkler system. Perform and document periodic inspections, pump runs, drain tests, and annual fire pump flow testing and backflow prevention inspections. Coordinate with City officials, fire department and monitoring system company and facility managers and staff.
* Manage and maintain site burglary alarm system and fire alarm system monitoring.
* Manage, coordinate and advise store maintenance department on material handling equipmentrepairs/replacements.
Develop store loaner forklift fleet by refurbishing retired store forklifts.
* Manage store loaner forklift program and coordinate with transportation department.
* Create and manage store pallet jack replacement program and coordinate with transportation dept.
* Track and process all maintenance department costs and invoices from all vendors and contractors.
* Verify and approve time sheets for all personnel in maintenance dept.
* Perform all necessary repairs to facilities, grounds and material handling equipment to support night shift operations. Coordinate with operations management and my direct supervisor.
* Advise my supervisor of status of ongoing repairs and progress of all daily tasks each shift.
* Perform regular preventative maintenance of all equipment, facilities and grounds.
* Perform special projects as assigned
* Owner/operator of specialty metal fabrication shop servicing many industries including custom design and fabrications for commercial kitchens in hospitals, schools and restaurants.
* We had vast experience with commercial kitchen ventilation systems and worked with many HVAC contractors in balancing air flows and maximizing efficient air balance for commercial kitchens.
* We worked closely with maintenance departments in the hospitals and school systems and also worked with numerous contractors as sub contractors on new construction, renovations and remodels.
* We were an approved contractor for the commercial kitchens for the Archdioces of New Orleans, servicing the needs of the cafeterias of 109 schools.
* We also developed and fabricated custom stainless washroom products for local plumbing supply companies and were approved for the New Orleans Public School system and were able to supply hundreds of stainless urinal troughs and stainless hand wash sinks through local plumbing supply companies. Those products were installed in the New Orleans Super Dome and numerous sports facilities throughout the metro New Orleans area.
* We also developed and fabricated many types of industrial systems for the oil clean up industry, Coast Guard and off shore oil field industry.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: