Emerging accounting professional ready to develop career foundation with expanding operation. Dedicated to keeping records accurate and controls tight to meet all business needs. Systematic and well-organized with strong attention to detail, mathematical acumen and GAAP knowledge.
• Compile, analyze, interpret and present financial information to Corporate departments.
• Participate in monthly meetings with Corporate departments to assist with the review and explanation of variances between financial performance and budget/forecast.
• Month end close responsibilities.
• Prepare and review of journal entries.
• Process allocation of Corporate expenses to hotels.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
• Create invoices and manage Accounts Receivable with third party entities.
• Review Accounts Payable vendor invoices for appropriate coding.
• Support the management financial reporting process and special projects as required.
• Coordinate and resolve accounting issues with Corporate departments or hotels.
• Completed assigned reconciliations accurately, completely and in the time frame required by corporate policies
• Prepared and ensured accuracy and integrity of accounting and transactional records to ensure proper financial reporting
• Worked with internal Financial Reporting personnel to support timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting
• Processed and maintained assigned ad hoc or recurring journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensured that interfaces between ancillary systems and the general ledger are processed timely and accurately so that the affected assigned general ledger accounts are complete, accurate and properly classified
• Independently reviewed revenue and expense accounts for accuracy; determined proper accruals
• Independently provided prompt, courteous and professional customer service to internal andexternal users of information provided by the Accounting department
• Worked with external audit firm to support timely completion of audits or compliance reporting
• Assisted other departments with compiling information and reporting results and variances
• Assisted in the month/year end close and preparation of associated journal entries
• Performed detailed analysis of the general ledger in conjunction with the month end close
• Responsible for the preparation of foreign branch balance sheets, income statements, and fixed assets schedules and reconciliations
• Verified and analyzed monthly and quarterly underwriting activity as reported by foreign branches, subsidiaries and affiliates, Pools and Syndicates
• Recognized and investigated unusual results utilizing all available resources and effectively communicated findings to management
• Analyzed and recorded foreign branch results on home office books, interacting with other areas, to ensure the accuracy of journal entries
• Reconciled ledger balances resulting from underwriting activity, account settlements, and profit and loss on foreign exchange and between sub-ledger and general ledger to insure accurate figures before monthly sub-ledger close
• Cash settlements through wire transfers, electronic receipts, check deposits, ach payments, and check requests
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: