Results-oriented litigator with 20 years' experience in representing clients in every facet of litigation in multiple state and federal trial and appellate courts. Extensive background in litigation, including, but not limited to, drafting/responding to pleadings, motions, written discovery, and settlement agreements, among others. First and/or second chaired state and federal jury and bench trials, arbitrations, evidentiary hearings, and settlement conferences. Excels at litigation strategy and client rapport. I am an organized, self-starting, experienced attorney with a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience. I have become a tenacious and an effective communicator who enjoys forming collaborative relationships. I always strive to do and be better.
· Continued managing all aspects of client relationships, including, but not limited to, negotiating regular attorneys' fee increases with my clients and with other attorneys' clients.
Expanded my employment law litigation and investigation experience, including litigating several employment cases through successful summary judgment and investigating employee complaints, one of which required 23 employee interviews and involved an in-depth report to my client.
· Managed a large document production using Goldfynch.
· Implemented numerous technology, trained other attorneys, and monitored and resolved technology-related issues.
· Litigated cases with clients whose insurance companies are actively involved in the cases. Became familiar with insurance company billing practices and with Serengeti litigation management system, in which I filed reports and adjusted litigation budgets every month.
· Managed all litigation/other projects for one of the firm's only Fortune 500 clients.
· Second-chaired a federal jury trial in the E.D. Mich., including, but not limited to, drafting, editing, and reviewing a critical motion, argued motions, questioned witnesses, and collaborated with first-chair counsel to a successful result for the client.
· Captained a week-long arbitration in front of a federal judge at JAMS.
· Successfully dismissed putative class-based claims on the basis of lack of standing.
· Responsible for several successful appeals, including, but not limited to, ADD.
· Continued to present as a board member for the Illinois Creditors Bar Association. Chaired, at various points, the technology committee, the appellate committee, and the ethics committee.
· Solely responsible for every aspect of client relationships.
· Acquired new clients by networking, especially by participating in seminars and conferences throughout the U.S.
· Became a regular CLE presenter on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (requested to present X times by the Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Creditors Bar Association, Association of Credit and Collection Professionals)
· Managed litigation in state and federal courts in Ohio, Illinois, and occasionally Indiana.
· Strategized, drafted, and argued state court appeals in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana.
· First-chaired two jury trials, innumerable bench trials, and arbitrations in Illinois state court.
· Became an active board member of the Illinois Creditors Bar Association.
· Mostly responsible for client releationships with several clients.
· Increased my litigation experience in state and federal courts in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana.
· Acquired bankruptcy court litigation experience through summary judgment in an adversary proceeding.
· Handled all litigation for a client mostly in need of advice/litigation counsel under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and ADD.
· Solidified my understanding of Illinois state court practice and procedure.
· Learned solid litigation skills from attorneys with whom I worked, e.g. ADD.
· Excelled at versatility in my case load, including, but not limited to, e.g. providing advice under Medicaid Best Price, healthcare litigation, FDA regulations relevant to tissue banks and hospitals, second chaired lengthy mineral rights litigation, assisted with FTC litigation regarding an allegedly defective product, wrote publicity statements relating to litigation involving a client, and litigated Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act cases in fedral and bankruptcy Court.
· became part of a team that saved a client millions of dollars by telling the client their planned strategy for pharmeceutical marketing likely violated the law. Other pharmaceutical manufacturers that used that strategy were fined millions of dollars each.
Strategized for and drafted the successful appeal in ADD.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: