Detail-oriented Assurance Senior Associate successful at completing comprehensive audits to verify the accuracy and reliability of company information. Methodical and organized professional with versatile industry experience. Dedicated to creating productive and transformative work environments.
• Conducted operational, compliance and financial audits for private and public clients from $500M to $170B in Revenue. Notable clients included: AT&T, Tyler Technologies, and WarnerMedia.
• Responsible for management of audit objectives in including planning, scope & strategy, substantive testing, and conclusion.
• Primary liaison to Global team. Coordinated scope of services and daily workflows to staff in India, Philippines, and Poland.
• Performed testing and walkthrough procedures in accordance with US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, and PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5.
• Responsible for developing a deep understanding of business units and analyzing, researching, and applying appropriate accounting principles and auditing standards to reach and support conclusions related to assigned audit areas.
• Responsible for detailed review and management of staff members and interns assigned to the engagement. Performed coaching, mentoring, and feedback for Staff level 2 and below.
• Leveraged Internal and External data analytics software to perform substantive testing and financial analytics.
• Prepared over 500 individual, S-Corp, C-Corp, Non-Profits (990), and Sole Proprietor Tax Returns.
• Performed over 30 audit engagements; evaluated internal controls design, identified key risks and controls, developed audit evaluation procedures for all balance sheet and income statement items. Served Higher Education, State and Local Government, Tribal Governments, Manufacturing and Distribution, Casinos, Healthcare, and Hospitality industries.
• Prepared deliverables for client review and enabled effective communication streams between associates, management, and the clients.
• Data Analytics using Excel, IDEA, and RADAR procedures.
• Ensured compliance with federal, state, and local government requirements.
• Coordinated efficient flow of information across different accounting functional areas.
• Researched and collected datato create opportunities in tax and internal controls.
• Analytics using COSO framework to provide efficient internal control operations for Public and Private companies.
• Expanded business to the Spokane market by connecting 3 S-Corps and 3 Individuals with the firm.
• Routine general ledger accounting activities and month-end closing tasks
• Directly supported routine Q2 closing procedures.
• Utilized Microsoft Dynamics AX software for general ledger processes.
• Prepared 401K financials for 11-K report.
• Developed Accounting 101 training for non-accounting personnel.
• Assisted in the development of Revenue Recognition (Topic 606) implementation.
• Researched and collected historical data to support legal trade agreements.
• Participated in internal audit; population and document requests, attributes, and tests for SOX.
• Supported external auditor (KPMG) with purchasing and revenue audit.
• Ensured environmental compliance with state and federal agencies to provide safe drinking water to over 13k people.
• Provided environmental impact analysis for $90 million in new construction projects.
• Managed $500k in support contracts with federal contractors to comply with EPA requirements.
• Oversaw water sampling and analysis, compared results to applicable standards, investigated issues, and took action to remedy problems. Coordinated public risk communication when necessary.
• Enforced compliance of over 157 industrial and medical workplaces with Air Force Occupational Safety and Health Standards in regards to Federal and State regulations.
• EY Veteran's Network Ambassador: 2019-Present
• PENN STATE WORLD CAMPUS Student Ambassador: 2017-2018
• AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CPAs Student Affiliate: May 2017-Present
• BLUE AND WHITE SOCIETY Penn State Alumni Association May 2017-Present
• Washington DECA Regional Judge 2018
• USAF Commendation Medal for meritorious service 2016
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: