Results-focused fundraising professional who enjoys working with others as a team and can also work independently. Proactive leader with strengths in written and oral communication, networking and collaboration, organizational skills, multi-tasking and passion for the non-profit field and the importance of the cause in our community. Proficient in leveraging support through individuals, private foundations and corporate funding. Adept at managing concurrent objectives to promote efficiency and influence positive outcomes.
I received my Virginia Real Estate License in April 2014. To begin I worked part-time through Augusta Realty Group in Waynesboro, VA. In Augusta 2019, I transitioned to a full-time agent with Nest Realty in Staunton, VA.
• Worked independently and as a team with the WWRC Foundation (WWRCF) Staff and volunteers to ensure success through all Foundation operations
• Managed weekly staff check-in meetings and Published and distributed a weekly “News Note” for Foundation Board Members & Staff and WWRC Staff
• Organized two annual fundraising events per year
• Together with staff and board, developed a 3-year strategic plan designed to support the Foundation (revised for subsequent 3 years).
• Oversaw all Board of Director activities and all sub committees thereof (meetings, trainings, etc.)
• Identified, administered and applied for grant funding opportunities
• Networked with and cultivated new and existing donors/Developed major gift/donor relations (Over $10,000)
• Spearheaded a social media campaign resulting in: full funding support to cover cost; restructuring new website; transforming a quarterly e-newsletter to a bi-monthly fully web-based newsletter; contracted with an agency to publish newsletter and update all social media accounts; met weekly and/or bi-weekly to provide all detail and materials for online posts and newsletters; proofread and approved all communications and provided monthly analytics to monitor growth.
• Served as liaison with the Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center (WWRC) staff and as the Department of Rehabilitative Services (DARS) representative on behalf of the WWRCF
• Managed funding requests and administered grants/reporting for supply and equipment needs for the WWRC programs (i.e., a car for Drivers Training; forklifts for Materials Handling; Safegait 360 Mobility Training Device for Physical Therapy Department, to name a few.)
• Co-hosted, acquired sponsorships and helped to promote a monthly podcast: https://vrworkforcestudio.com/
• Managed all public relations and marketing for the Foundation and cultivated positive image across by developing partnerships with media, business and community groups, and maintained strong relationships with community partnerships and VA State agencies to capitalize on opportunities and maximize business success.
• Worked independently and as part of a development team (worked from home an telecommuted for 4 years).
• Networked with and cultivated new and existing donors/Cultivated major gifts/donors
• Handled all public relations, advertising, media relations and marketing for the department -Created and published ministry newsletter three times per year;Developed and published Annual Report;Designed and managed the distribution of quarterly newsletters.
• Administered all aspects of the development department and its staff members and volunteers for Hope House Ministries.
• Oversaw five annual fundraising events per year
• Developed and maintained a development plan for department
• Managed the Endowment Fund - Fund/Event/Committees/Coordinated all planned giving marketing and gifts
• Counseled Advisory Board and all sub committees thereof
• Identified and cultivated grant funding opportunities
• Networked with and welcomed new and existing donors/Administered major gifts of $10,000/donor cultivation
• Handled all public relations and marketing for the department;Created and published the ministry newsletter three times per year
Board of Directors Member, Soccer Association of the Charlottesville Area (SOCA) (2019 - Present)
Board of Directors Member, First Baptist Church (of Waynesboro) Real Estate Committee (2019 - Present)
Named the Virginia DARS (Department of Rehabilitative Services) Champion, 2017
Rotarian, Waynesboro Rotary Club (2016-Present)
Graduate of the Leadership Greater Augusta, Greater Augusta Chamber of Commerce (Class of 2015)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: