Supervisor: Dr. Syed Aun Irtaza
Thesis Title: Blur image region detection and segmentation
In Master's thesis work, we have designed a low cost and highly accurate system for automatic detection and segmentation of defocus blur from blurry images. The proposed system is a fusion of two phases including the detection of defocus blur via LDMP and segmentation of that blur regions via KNN matting. Additionally, the proposed LDMP features descriptor is robust to noise and successfully detects defocus blur in high-dense noisy images. The fusion of LDMP extractor with KNN matting provides superior performance in terms of obtaining high-quality segmented regions in the image.
Thesis Title: Performance analysis of 802.11 protocol
In Bachelor's thesis work, we have perform the performance Analysis of IEEE 802.11 Protocol. Wireless local area network has been very popular especially in public places like shopping malls, airports, coffee cafes, hotels and in universities. Intelligent algorithms were used to learn the surrounding environment, and the knowledge thus the obtained information is utilized by trans-receiver to achieve the best performance. For IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN's with multiple access points, it is critical to allocate limited number of radio channels dynamically and efficiently. We analyze the performance of this protocol with different environments and validate its performance when the distance and number of nodes in the network are increased or in the presence of the hurdles inside the network.
I have covered various technical and professional courses including projects in this program. The courses includes system analysis and design, web development using PHP & MySQL, graphic design and animation, Computer Networking. The project includes in this program are Airline reservation system, University management system, Online Shopping websites and many more.
Efficient Research Assistant versed in completing diverse range of support tasks under strict schedules. Systematic and meticulous in all work. Eager to contribute to Machine Learning and Signal Processing research. Dependable student with proven success in Machine Learning research currently completed degree in Master in computer science. Adept in developing laboratory experiments, mentoring students in laboratory best practices and techniques and managing research related collateral. Proficient in Matlab and Octave. Dedicated researcher familiar with Machine learning and Computer vision Algorithms. Well- coordinated in handling study documentation and records. Bring 2 years of Research Assistant facility experience.
● More than two-year research position, working within the Fully funded UET program
● Planned, modified, and executed research techniques, procedures and tests
● Analyzed statistical data using both modern and traditional qualitative and quantitative analysis
● Developed Local Directional Mean Patterns (LDMP) feature extractor by enhancing the local descriptors
● Developed automatic segmentor for the blurry regions by using machine learning algorithms
● Assisted in research support of data processing operations for large survey research projects
● Configured hardware, devices and software to set up work stations
● Broke down and evaluated user problems using test scripts, Responded to support requests from end users
● Removed malware, ransomware and other threats from systems
● 2020 http://academic.hep.com.cn/fcs/CN/10.1007/s11704-020-9526-x
Awais KHAN, Aun IRTAZA, Ali JAVED, Tahira NAZIR, Hafiz MALIK, Khalid Mahmood MALIK, Muhammad Ammar KHAN. "Defocus Blur Detection using novel Local Directional Mean Patterns (LDMP) and segmentation via KNN Matting". Front. Comput. Sci.
● 2019 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9024808
A. Khan, S. A. Irtaza, A. Javed and M. A. Khan, "Segmentation of Defocus Blur using Local Triplicate Co-Occurrence Patterns (LTCoP)," 2019 13th International Conference on Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science and Statistics (MACS), Karachi, Pakistan, 2019, pp. 1-6, doi:10.1109/ MACS48846.2019.9024808.
● 2019 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9024805
M. A. Khan, S. A. Irtaza and A. Khan, "Detection of Blur and Non-Blur Regions using Frequency-based Multi-level Fusion Transformation and Classification via KNN Matting," 2019 13th International Conference on Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science and Statistics (MACS), Karachi, Pakistan, 2019, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/MACS48846.2019.9024805.
● 2019 http://conferences.iobmresearch.com/index.php/macs/MACS13
IEEE-13th International Conference on Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science and Statistics (MACS-13)
● Prof. Syed Aun Irtaza
Dept. Computer Science, University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Pakistan
Phone: (+92) 307-5575416
● Prof. Ali Javed
Dept. Software Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Pakistan
Phone: (+92) 334-5174516
● Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
● Advanced Image and Signal Processing
● Deep Neural Networks
● Data Analysis and Mining
● Computer Vision
● Big Data and Data Science
● Introduction to Machine Learning
● Computer vision
● Digital Image processing
● GPU-accelerated computing and deep learning
● Software: Windows and Linux operating systems; C/C++/Java, Lab-view; Sigma-plot statistical analysis and graphing software; Network simulation, NS2; Python, NumPy, Auto-desk inventor 3D computer-aided design; Virtual Machines, typesetting using LATEX; EndNote, Math-type, general use of office suites. Some experience of Matlab and Octave.
● Designing, Building and Operating Complex Equipment: extensively experienced with data acquisition and control systems; Machine learning techniques
● Management and Administration
● Data Collection and Analysis
● Teaching, Tutoring and Presenting
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: