Positive and upbeat restaurant professional able to make guests feel welcome while balancing diverse business requirements. Knowledgeable about server loads, kitchen output and customer preferences. Successful in maintaining efficiency and calm in fast-paced environments.
As the initial guest contact, the front desk sets the tone for the entire dining experience. The host/hostess plays an essential role in establishing a positive and lasting relationship with our guests. The host / hostess is the first person to see the guest before they dine and the last person to see the guest before they leave. Warmly greet and welcome guests on arrival and say good-bye and thank you upon departure. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their needs.
1. Assists the General Manager and Manager in all operational functions of assigned revenue centers, including profitability, marketing, growth, staffing, cleanliness, safety, risk management and guest relations.
2. Directs and supervises location activities and personnel as assigned. Visits all guest areas regularly, tours and inspect the entire facility daily.
3. Responsible for accuracy and safety of company funds – both as to bank deposits and internal cash funds for assigned location. Maintains ticket, token and pass/certificate control.
4. Ensures organizational quality standards are maintained for employees and revenue centers within the location.
5. Delegates functions together with respective responsibility and authority to perform the functions. Make employees more effective by having decisions made by responsible individuals closest to the activity.
6. Maintains lines and methods of communication, which provide expeditious flow of information upward, downward and laterally throughout the organization.
7. Responsible as directed for the development, implementation and achievement of budgetary goals.
8. Provides leadership example for others related to Apex Parks Group LLC and fellow employees. Supports General Manager, Managers and employees in performing delegated functions.
9. Recommends, implements and enforces policies for assigned areas of responsibility. Receives proper authorization from the General Manager/Manager as required. Maintains comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of procedures used throughout the company. Assists General Manager/Manager in maintaining policy and procedure, safety and operations manuals.
10. Maintains appropriate control of expenses, labor hours, operating costs and inventory within areas of responsibility.
11. Ensures that the location opens, operates and closes properly as well as on time.
12. Researches and recommends new products and vendors to enhance guest satisfaction, sales and cost control.
13. Ensures that facilities be maintained in accordance with Apex Parks Group LLC risk management and safety standards and regulations. Recommends facility and equipment improvements to achieve these standards as well as esthetic enhancements.
14. Maintains performance appraisal programs for subordinates.
15. Administers counseling, discipline and dismissals in accordance to Apex Parks Group LLC policy, state and federal regulations as assigned by the General Manager/Manager.
16. With the assistance of the General Manager and/or HR, delivers employee-training programs to enhance employee skills, knowledge and productivity.
17. Ensures that all goods be requisitioned properly using appropriate documentation before ordering and distribution. Maintains appropriate inventory control of operating supplies.
18. Ensures accurate flow of documents to and from the revenue center. Submits invoices and expenses to the General Manager for authorization and invoices to the Pecos receiver for payment.
19. Maintains positive vendor relations through professional courtesy.
20. Submits expense and capital budget recommendations to the General Manager. Attends and participates in department management meetings. Conducts meetings with his/her staff to communicate necessary information and problem solving.
21. Maintains and updates managers daily log. Records date, weather, inspection performance, problems and other items of significance daily.
22. Recommends to the General Manager marketing and promotional programs to increase business volumes. Contacts clubs, schools, churches and other organizations as delegated by the General Manager.
23. Performs other duties as required.
1. Processing telephone leads as well as answering customer questions from website via our online data site.
2. Answering group telephone lines to answer questions or convey messages to the appropriate manager. Also, responsible for checking Voicemail system messages for the group extension.
3. Answer any group questions that will come through, and when necessary send the appropriate reservation documents and catering menus to each one.
4. Enter reservations into the system once the pre-booking process is complete.
5. Check for Birthday or Group reservations at thestart of day and put signage in proper group areas.
6. Greet and entertain groups if waiting for park to open.
7. Guide groups to their designated areas
8. Help set up for groups and birthdays
9. Any other reasonable requests asked by management
1. Must have strong customer service skills.
2. Excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
3. Basic math skills as they apply to cash handling.
4. Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: