Experienced School Counselor with expertise providing group and individual counseling to promote college access success among students. Proven leader focused on establishing and maintaining school counseling program objectives in collaboration with administrators, teachers and parents. Results-oriented when reviewing reports on the effectiveness of the counseling program to determine areas for improvement. Respectful active listener when counseling students and interacting with parents and administrators.
• Provided counseling program services to 75 NYC High School Public School At Risk /Low Income students.
• Providing direct counseling, advising, and coaching to college students
• Facilitated 40% academic improvement in counseled students.
• Analyzed student data to assess counseling program effectiveness
and make improvements.
• Provided referrals for community resources and mental health
professionals for families and students.
• Counseled students wherein behavior, school progress, mental or
physical impairment indicated need for assistance, diagnosing
students' problems and arranging for needed services
• Partnered with school administrators, teachers and parents or
guardians to provide students with appropriate and adequate
counseling support in school.
• A member of the School Safety Crisis Team
• Served as school board member to provide recommendations for
modification, development or improvement of educational
• Established and maintained rapport with other staff, students, and
parents to facilitate communication and academic progress.
• Advised students on crucial academic decisions such as College Selection and Major by discussing and identifying interests and
• Class observation with caseload students
• Documented student attendance and progress against goals.
• Facilitated group sessions and provided one-on-one support.
• 100% High School graduation and gaining entrance rate to college of
senior caseload of students.
• Implemented Lesson Plans and Creativity to engage students, increasing classroom collaboration in Multiple subject area.
• Evaluated students' understanding of course material through examinations and in-depth essay writing.
• Communicated frequently with parents, students and faculty to provide feedback and discuss instructional strategies.
• Developed and implemented classroom routines to address varying student needs.
• Worked with staff members and teachers to design comprehensive and individualized plans to optimize student education.
• Took over teaching class for 6 to 12 months at a time, managing all classroom assignments, student needs and recordkeeping.
• Kept students on-task with proactive behavior modification and positive reinforcement strategies.
• Collaborated with teaching staff to devise and implement coordinated educational strategies and student support networks.
*Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
*School Violence Intervention And Prevention
*Child Abuse Identification
Special Programs Counselor (HEOP) - New York Institute Of Technology
Trio Programs, High School Counselor- Educational Talent Search Program @ Brooklyn College
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: