Versatile Communications Professional with a progressive career across both internal and external communications. Offering excellent management and organizational skills to coordinate multiple, concurrent projects. An articulate writer with the ability to create engaging content. Specializing in creating engaging and targeted content for internal and external use. Successful at working in all areas, including social media and stakeholder relations. Prepared to bring 6+ years of experience to a challenging new role.
Responsible for agency leadership of the firm, managing clients, writing and securing contracts and acting as the spokesperson for the business. Determine objectives, set priorities, and delegate work to carry out all communication objectives for clients.
• Maintain a variety of contacts with civic leaders, agency representatives, local organizations and other members of the media;
• Arrange interviews with spokespersons for various organizations;
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
• Pitch and facilitate interviews for national and international media outlets to promote client programs and activities;
• Launched a summer long digital strategic communications internship for college students;
• Supervise interns, educating them on how to develop communication strategies for news media coverage;
• Maintain social media presence promoting stories and driving audience to daily;
• Assisted in a national report release published by Center for American Progress (CAP)
• Served as team lead and producer of a promotional video highlighting the University of Mary Washington (UMW).
• Maintain social media accounts for political and professional organizations
• Served as a talent manager during high-profile client events, escorting celebrity and VIP guests around the premises, and conducting interviews.
• Have extensive knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Current Communications Chair for West Point LEADS (Leadership, Ethics and Diversity in STEM) a program supported by the United States Military Academy West Point Society of DC and The MITRE Corporation. The professional leadership workshop caters to hundreds of students around the country, encouraging diversity and ethical leadership in STEM fields.
Current Public Relations Committee member of the Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter (NoVAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. Common assignments include outreach to state and local media outlets, correspondence with politicians and lawmakers, organization of fundraisers and special events that provide scholarships to youth, improve economic development, support health and wellness and advocate for senior citizens in Northern Virginia.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: