I am a very well qualified pediatric intensivist with extensive training across different parts of the world looking forward to a long and fruitful career in pediatric critical care. Over the past 10 years, I have trained in world-class institutions in the UK and the USA, as well as having gained substantial experience in resource limited environments. I am currently completing my final phase of training in Pediatric Critical Care, a field that I wanted to pursue from the very start of my career. I have always followed the principles of resilience, hard-work and dedication and will continue to do so with the ultimate aim of making a real difference to the lives of the children in their most fragile state.
1. Full Registration with General Medical Council with CCT in General Paediatrics: October 2010; United Kingdom
2. ECFMG: February 2011
This two year residency program was my first position in the UK. The rotation included general pediatrics as well as sub-specialty training in Neonatology, Pediatric Neurology and Pediatric Surgery.
Passed with First Class Honors
1.Bangalore H, Ahmed J, Menson EN, Durward A, Tong C. Abdominal distension: An important feature in human parechovirus infection. The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal Vol 30 (3): 260-2 (PMID 21240035)
2.Bangalore H, Bisht S, Inusa B. Rickets and tracheobronchomalacia. BMJ Case Rep. 2009 (PMID 21687028)
3.Srinivasan S, Mahadevan B, Bangalore H. Antimicrobial selection for childhood infections. Paediatrics Today 3(12): 786-788.
Under review(manuscript submitted):
1.Bangalore H, Ocampo E, Rodriguez L, Minard C, Checchia PA, Heinle JS, Shekerdemian LS. Serum cortisol and early postoperative outcome after stage 1 palliation for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (Pediatric Critical care Medicine, Submitted May 2013)
2.Launger IL, Bible JM, Halligan EP, Bangalore H, Tosas O, Aarons EJ, MacMahon E, Tong CY. Patient Characteristics and severity of human rhinovirus infections in children (J Clin Virology, Under Revision, Submitted May 2013)
Low cortisol does not affect the post-operative course after Norwood operations. American Heart Association Scientific Sessions; Los Angeles, USA November 2012
Abstracts and posters:
1. Influence of demographic factors on cortisol levels following surgery for congenital heart disease. Cardiovascular Research Institute Symposium, Texas Heart Institute, Baylor College of Medicine; Houston, April 2013
2. Cortisol profile in infants after stage-1 Norwood surgery for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and related lesions. Fellows Day Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine; Houston, April 2012
3. Endothelial glycocalyx in critical illness. 30th international symposium on intensive care and emergency medicine; Brussels, March 2011.
4. Red looking babies with abdomen distention-think human parechovirus! 28th annual meeting of the European society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases; Nice, May 2010
5. Multi-drug resistant herpes simplex infection in undiagnosed immunodeficiency 27th annual Meeting of the European society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases; Brussels, June 2009.
A study of Failure to thrive in children: dissertation as a part for the MD Pediatric Course, JIPMER Hospital, Pondicherry University 2003
1. Abstract selected for "Best in Congenital Heart Disease in the young Session"; American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2012, Los Angeles, November 2012
2. Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship Presentation Award; Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, October 2012
3. Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship Research Award; Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, July 2012
1.Serum cortisol profile in infants and children after cardiac surgery September 2011 – present (Supervisor Lara Shekerdemian MD). This is a prospective observational study of cortisol profiles in 1035 infants and children patients after cardiac surgery. The aim of the project is to study factors influencing these levels (example bypass time, peri-operative steroid use) and the value of cortisol in predicting the short term post-operative outcomes.
2.Disruption of the endothelial glycocalyx in critical illness (2008 – 2010 I was a co-investigator in this study and helped in conceptualizing the study protocol, collecting data and formulating the results. This was a prospective cohort of 25 infants undergoing surgery for congenital heart disease. The temporal profile of the endothelial glycocalyx layer (Heparan Sulfate and Syndecan-1) and their correlation with inflammatory response of markers following cardiac surgery were studied. Although markers of EGX disruption showed a reproducible temporal profile after bypass, there was no temporal correlation to IL-6. Study has been completed and presented as an abstract. Manuscript is under submission.
1.Resident lectures on shock, inotropic support, fluid management in the intensive care, traumatic brain injury, sedation and diabetic ketoacidosis at Texas Children's Hospital
2.Organized the Pediatric Leaning and Teaching (PLEAT) for London Deanery Trainees at Worthing Hospital, Worthing (May 2010)
3.Nurse education on ongoing research projects in monthly nursing meetings at Guys and St Thomas Hospital, London (2008 - 2009)
4.Regular Lectures to medical students at Guys and St Thomas Hospital, London on "common Pediatric Respiratory Illnesses"
5."Teach the Teachers" Course (December 2008)
6.Resident education weekly teaching at Worthing Hospital, U (2006 – 7)
Besides English, I can speak 4 other regional Indian languages: Kannada, Hindi, Tamil fluently and Marathi to a certain extent
I am proficient in the use of MS programs Word, Excel and Access. I have also become proficient in the use of Stata (statistical software, SPSS). I am also very comfortable with the day to day use of EMR program EPIC
1. Was a part of the team that collected and transported essential supplies during the Latur earthquake in India
2. Regularly donate and contribute to the education of orphans in India through a charitable community organization called Veerashivamahasabha
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2020, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.