Self-directed, motivated, and results-driven manager with proven successes in leadership, communication, and project management within the human resources field. Strong compuier proficiency (Microsoft Suite), including an in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet packages and familiarity with database design required. Atteniion to detail, plus the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines are required. The ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and confidential matters.
AP/AR ● Budgeting ● Expense Control ● Internal Control ● Payroll ● Reporting ● Change Management
Consulting ● Joint Ventures ● Project Management ● Restructuring ● Strategic Planning ● Policy Development. Team Leadership/Motivation ● Policy Development ● Process Improvement ● Benefits/Compensation ● Recruiting. Employee/Labor Relations ● Training/Development ● Workforce Planning ● Talent Management ● Social Media. Performance Management ● Employee Engagement ● Needs Assessment ● Data Warehousing ● Scheduling. Project Management ● Technical Writing ● Business Development ● Client Relations ● Presentations. Event Planning ● Customer Service ● Public Relations ● Inventory Management ● Ops Management, Strategic Sourcing ● OSHA/Regulatory Compliance
Successfully helped students in all areas of the national curriculum and created a diverse and positive learning environment.
• Effectively assisted in planning teaching activities and to make learning fun experience.
• Acted as akey figure in collaborating with school administration to coordinate school and region-based tests.
• Utilized(}(Knowledge, Skill, Ability) to learn and acquire the necessary skills to meet students' individual needs.
• Coached students in fine and gross motor skills, including writing, drawing and navigating
classroom and building
Managed front-end activities by proactively supervising Customer Service, Returns Desk, Front Line Registers, Commercial Registers, Lawn and Garden Registers, Vestibules, and parking areas. Provided direction and support to all associates and ensured consistently high levels of customer service. Assisted in security measures and responded to all customer and employee generated EAS alarm activations per the training. Greeted and acknowledged customers in a friendly, professional manner and provided quick, responsive service to maximize the customer's shopping experience. Coached and mentored cashiers and responded to customer/employee inquiries. Processed merchandise information through thestore computer system and completed all required paperwork according to policy. Effectively managed and evaluated employees.
The second-largest publicly owned insurance provider in Sri Lanka.
Manager of Human Resource Development and Administration
Directed Human Resource operation is responsible for managing 1,000 employees. In charge of all activities of Human Resources and Administrative Services and established policies and programs for the company: established work pertaining to all grades of employees; created guidelines for recruiting and hiring; developed training programs; and handled promotions, transfers, salary adjustments, and employee leaves. Effectively manage a $100,000 monthly payroll. Maintained transport services, buildings, and welfare facilities. Generated detailed reports for Chairman and Board of Directors, ensured compliance to all office systems and procedures, and completed all other duties assigned by the Chairman of the Board as required. Directed benefits administration, job description writing, compensation planning, performance evaluations, employee advancement assessments, and conflict resolution. Elected by of the Board of Directors to serve as the liaison to Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce and assigned to act the vacant position of the General Manager (Administration) from 1997 until 2001.
• Expanded branch office network network to 20 branches, resulting in a 15% revenue increase.
• Recruited and trained 50 new highly qualified college graduates as management trainees, resulting in successfully fulfilling the company's fast-growing staffing needs.
• Purchased and facilitated a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters building, resulting in a significant business boost by attracting new potential clients.
• Partnered with the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration (SLIDA) to create a corporate disciplinary manual, which served as a formal administrative/disciplinary code, resulting in the enforcement of expected work standards and a reduction in conflict resolution administrative costs.
• Introduced a new compensation program to maintain goodwill among the employees and the trade unions and establish a stance in the labor market, resulting in an increase in employee motivation and the retention of a talented workforce.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: