Summary: I earned a Doctorate in Chemistry from University of Houston and I will soon complete a Master's in Environmental Management, with a double major in Environmental, Health & Safety from the University of Denver. Six years of experience in academic research and three in chemical analysis services. I look forward to rejoin the workforce now that my children are in school as an Environmental Manager or an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist.
Goal: To transfer the scientific expertise that I acquired earlier in my career to collaborate in the development of creative solutions designed to address the environmental, health, and safety challenges that business and government organizations face today to achieve their regulatory compliance and sustainable development goals. I look forward to rejoin the workforce after taking an extended break to look after my family. I will work diligently to obtain a professional certification such as CSP or CIH as soon as I have enough years of experience in the job.
Environmental Management with a double major in Environmental, Health and Safety.
Courses: Environmental Finance and Economics, Leadership for Environmental Managers, Environmental Protection Law, OSHA Law, Environmental Foundations and Principles, ISO 14001 Standards, Integrated Environmental System, Graduate Research and Writing, Workplace Safety Management, NEPA, RCRA, and Environmental, Health and Safety.
Current GPA: 3.85
The University of Houston is one of only three public Tier One research universities in the state of Texas, along with the University of Texas and TexasA&M.
The University of Costa Rica is consistently among top 25 Research Universities in Latin America.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Chemical Society.
- Costa Rican College of Chemists and Chemical Engineers.
- Volunteer to support the activities of United Community School PTO where my children attend.
- Regularly participate in church activities and volunteer as a cook, translator, or in other roles as needed.
- Participate in 5k Running Events such as DMACC "In My Boots" Wounded Warrior 5k, ChildServe 5k, and Courage League 5k to support fundraising efforts.
Fully Bilingual English & Spanish.
- Environmental Management, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, Training, Teaching, Environmental Finance and Economics, ISO 14001 Standards, Workplace Safety Management Systems.
- Chemical Analysis, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Troubleshooting, Validation, X-Ray Crystallography, Chemical Research.
- Windows and Linux Computer Skills.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: