Self-motivated and dependable while achieving high performance with minimal supervision.
• General District administration (manage arrangements for regular District Meetings and special functions, including posting of meetings for compliance with all laws and internal and external communication related to District activities)
• Establish and maintain relationships with partners, individuals and organizations within the District to promote the efforts and visibility of the local District
• Serve as liaison with all appropriate local government(s) departments, agricultural associations, and conservation groups
• Plan and coordinate all District activities associated with the Actively work with local programs to ensure District involvement and support of conservation education (including but not limited to FFA Chapters in the District, 4-H, Envirothon, local schools, Natural Resources Conservation Workshop, annual NACD Conservation
• Assist the District with hosting Field Days and other conservation demonstration
programs and workshops as developed and sponsored by District
• Seek financial support for potential and ongoing District programs through
appropriate grant funding from all potential sources, both public and private
• Perform other District related duties as directed by the local District Board of
Supervisors and/or the Regional Program Manager and GACD Executive Director
General Management of the Jefferson County Conservation District and of recent, Leavenworth County Conservation District. This includes many tasks such as bookkeeping - proficient in Quickbooks, clerical work, receiving state cost share applications for both counties and maintaining approved state cost share contracts. Planning, coordinating, taking minutes and mailing reminders for monthly board meetings for both Jefferson and Leavenworth Counties.
Scheduling and coordinating reservations for two Great Plains No Till Drills, Stream Model Trailer, Holcomb Scraper and a Stihl Backpack Fogger. Maintains and distributes marking flags. Native Grass seed and Forb seed orders for cost share practices that include state cost share, Environmental Quality Incentives Programs and Conservation Reserve Programs.
Works with many partnering agencies including; Natural Resources Conservation Services, Farm Service Agency, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, Kansas Water Office, Kansas Department of Agriculture, Division of Conservation, Kansas Association of Conservation Districts, K-State Extension and Research, Kansas Forest Service and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Plans and coordinates informational and educational workshops for youth and adults. Presents at local Cub Scout, Brownies, 4-H, and Rotary clubs. Presents at surrounding county educational events and workshops. Willing to coordinate and assist with other agency's workshops and field days. Organizes poster contests for the local schools, 4-H Clubs and FFA Chapters. Assisted with the annual regional and state Envriothon.
Training and assisting in ProTracts, Arc GIS and Tool Kit for the Natural Resources Conservation Services.
Writes quarterly newsletters, created a Jefferson County Conservation District Facebook page, submits articles to the local newspapers.
General studies to acquire high school diploma.
GPA: 3.0 of a maximum of 4.0
Kansas Association of Conservation Districts - District Manager of the Year - 2015
Kansas Governor's Award for Conservation Districts - 2015
Stakeholder Leadership Team - Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams / Lower Kansas Watershed Restoration And Protection Strategy 2012-2013
Assisted with the Kansas Association of Conservation Districts Strategic Plan - 2018
Member and Vice President of the Oskaloosa Rotary Club - 2016
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: