Oversees procurement $5 M+ in product purchases $1 M+ in cost avoidance current year alone. Trouble shoots, expedites, and strategic sources hard to find parts preventing costly factory line down occurrences. Responsible for oversight of the supply chain development to include kanban, supplier selection process, delivery, quality, inventory, and cost.
* Proven track record developing and executing successful cost savings initiatives.
* Strong production planning, logistical analysis, and negotiating skills.
* Possesses in-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP & MS Office systems including advanced Excel skills.
* Detailed oriented, self-disciplined, motivated and have strong problem solving and decision making skills, excellent team abilities..
* Participate in strategic program meetings providing supply chain project management as needed to support compressed time to market schedules through well-coordinated procurement and production planning and communication.
* Writes and implements new supplier contracts and agreements along with reviewing supply chain clauses in customer sales contracts.
* Oversees RMA management of Excess and Obsolete materials.
* Provides input to the sales and operation team on sales order OTD risk related to supply chain activities.
* Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as required per production schedules, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels while minimizing excess & obsolete inventory levels.
* Supervise, train, and mentor buyers in supplier management, negotiation, and cost management.
* Coordinate and communicate cross functionally with Customer Service, Program Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Finance.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
Proficient with Apple and PC's, MS Office XP, Microsoft Windows® 2000, People soft, Oracle, Adobe Acrobat,
04/2013 to 11/2015
Buyer - QUALCOMM Technologies INC － San Diego, CA
Managed ordering consumable raw materials including hazardous materials through inventory min/max level reordering using blanket purchase agreements.
Annually purchasing over 2623 different parts from over 222 different suppliers annually exceeding $2.5 million dollars.
Dedicated Sole buyer for Corporate R & D stockrooms for all components.
Oversees Oracle ERP/MRP system procurement of hardware, labels, packaging, and tools by issuing standard purchase orders driven by planning.
Investigates and Collaborated with accounting to solve problem delivery receipts/invoices.
Reduced lead time by expediting part shortages for productions builds from months to days.
Sources and negotiates new parts for new project builds through extensive networking of business contacts.
Collaborates with Component Engineering / Quality Engineering to establish new part numbers and to solve wrong part problem deliveries.
10/2008 to 01/2013
AssociateBuyer QUALCOMM Technologies INC
Managed ordering of consumable raw materials including hazardous materials through inventory min/max level reordering using blanket purchase agreements.
Tasked with finding a better way to manage hazardous material, packaging, and MRO commodities.
Created BPO's (Blanket Purchase Orders) combined with min/max inventory control measures.
Annually purchased over eighteen hundred different parts over 120 different suppliers annually exceeding $1.5 million dollars.
05/2000 to 01/2008
Department Support AssistantQUALCOMM Technologies INC
Managed MRO materials including hazardous material through standard PO's.
Set up min/max inventory for consumable inventory.
Specialized Certificate in Purchasing and Supply Management from UCSD Extensions-
Hey Jessica, I only have 4 suggested edits for this document.
This resume is very long, but well-written.
There is too big of a space between George's email address and his phone number.
The email address needs to be moved over.
The word kanban, may need to be capitalized.
Check the margins on this resume.
All resumes should be written in font Times Roman 12 pt.
United States Marine Corps - Staff Sergeant - Embassy Duty - Held Top Secret Security Clearance.
Elementary Proficiency in French, Kiswahili and Spanish