Knowledgeable Adjunct Professor of Education bringing talent for engaging students in material and improving academic success. Striving to teach course information, as well as critical thinking and success-building skills.
· Engage students with insightful, compelling classroom discussions of topics relevant to coursework to boost student learning and retention.
· Assisted Child Development/Education/Psychology Department Chair with transitioning course material from in person to online instruction.
· Works closely with the Child Development/Education/Psychology Department Chair to continuously develop and implement Education curriculum for improved learning and student performance.
· Collaborated with Education/Psychology faculty members in designing Education curriculum for all Introduction Education class and PSYC 1300.
· Identified academic strengths and obstacles and developed instructional techniques to accommodate different learning styles.
· Use Blackboard to improve student retention, student engagement and to maintain accurate records of students' attendance and grades.
· Actively participate in team-building ideas and methods to help other faculty deal with changes.
· Serve as mentor for new Education instructors and professors.
· Designed and developed instructional activities using data from student learning style assessments to help students of all abilities understand material.
· Delivered 9 hours per week of classroom lectures, instructing over 90 students per semester in College Preparatory Studies.
· Help students with initial adjustment to academic life and interpreted institutions policies and requirements.
· Provided support and guidance to students experiencing academic and personal troubles.
· Connected students with community service and resource agencies.
· Selected and prepared educational resources, taking account of students' interests and cultural backgrounds.
· Developed interesting lectures and educational activities to maximize learning within classroom.
· Organized detailed list of resources to help students go beyond classroom environments and delve into topics of interest.
Leadership for Higher Education
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: