Over three years of experience working in the Federal Government for US Customs & Border Protection and the Defense Finance & Accounting Service (DFAS). Hired into a competitive leadership development program in 2018 after only working for DFAS for slightly over a year and completed the program successfully in March of 2020. Currently work in a high pressure, fast paced environment supporting a high visibility audit for the Defense Health Program which is a customer of DFAS. Led process improvement efforts to keep pace with a demanding workload and successfully worked within a team environment. Recognized with multiple awards from DFAS Executives and successfully obtained a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
· Took the lead to enhance an access database that tracked audit metrics for the Defense Health Program (DHP). Worked extensively with the systems expert to incorporate changes including daily reporting and system reconciliation features. Helped provide insight by communicating improvements that would benefit the DHP team along with other Audit Support teams that led to the ability to more appropriately track information that helped Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) to support the Department of the Defense (DoD) audit in the system.
· Worked with the DHP Team Lead to develop Audit Command Language (ACL) database scripts to pull raw data from various financial systems that was utilized to develop reconciliations performed by DHP on a monthly basis. DHP utilized the recons to perform reviews on their financial statements. The database was successfully developed and utilized to provide DHP financial information on a quarterly basis.
· Provided exceptional support while serving Defense Health Program (DHP) on their FY 18 and 19 Financial Statement Audits. Demonstrated the ability to be one of the "go to" individuals with regards to fulfilling and reporting PBCs, samples, and follow up requests on time.
· Organized and led the FY 18 DHP Audit Lessons Learned Discussion to capture the lessons learned that could be utilized to improve the DHP audit support team's operations during the FY 19 Audit. Also created a Lessons Learned PowerPoint Presentation to capture the items discussed and provide a baseline for improving operations moving forward into the FY19 Audit.
· Worked closely to suggest improvements the DFAS Audit Support database which tracks audit requests enabling DFAS to meet requests in a timely and accurate manner. Suggested creating a daily report to enable the DHP team to keep visibility on high priority audit requests and decrease the number of overdue and late items. This plan was implemented which resulted in our team achieving a 3% late submission rate, which was lower than the 5% audit support directorate standard
· The audit of the DHP is part of the effort to audit the Department of Defense (DOD). This audit is one of the main priorities of the DOD and DFAS. Working to support the DHP audit required the ability to work in an extremely high pressure, fast paced environment. The ability to work well in a team and make decisions quickly was a huge component of success. The high-pressure workload, supported by the DHP team, required excellent communication and collaborative ability. My development and success in the DFAS Leadership Development program was recognized in the form of multiple awards from DFAS Senior Leaders and management.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: