Use this professional created NRCMA job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
As a vital medical profession, NRCMAs, or nationally registered certified medical assistants, are responsible for some of the administrative tasks associated with treating patients. They record vital signs, make note of strange behavior or symptoms, and interview patients while compiling medical information. They will also assist physicians in procedures or examinations and collect laboratory samples on their own. The most talented professionals can be attracted with strong NRCMA job descriptions.
The most important skill set that an NRCMA should have is communication. They should be emotionally stable and have compassion, interpersonal skills, and empathy.
It is also vital that every NRCMA has the medical knowledge and experience to fulfill any task given to them. Physical stamina and critical thinking will be invaluable.
NRCMA Job Description Template
Are you a friendly and optimistic nationally registered certified medical assistant who longs to become an integral part of a talented, collaborative and patient-focused team? If you find happiness in improving the lives of others and are good at staying focused in a fast-paced environment, we think you would be a perfect fit for our team. As an energetic and ambitious individual, you are ready to hit the ground running, and you pride yourself in being both reliable and compassionate. If you’re looking for ways to make a difference in the world, take advantage of the opportunity to do so in a stable environment that offers support, encouragement, incentives and competitive pay.
- Record patients’ vital statistics, medical history and other information including medical records and test results on paper and in online logs.
- Interview patients to find out about their medical history and direct them to patient examination rooms and measure their height, weight and vital signs.
- Collect and log laboratory specimens, including tissue, blood and other specimens. Prepare the specimens for testing.
- Analyze samples and perform routine laboratory tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Clean and prepare treatment rooms, keeping them neat and well-supplied for patient examinations. Ensure that all instruments are sterilized and contaminated instruments and supplies are disposed of properly.
- Assist physicians in treating and examining patients, including locating and handing them requested supplies, instruments or materials needed during the examination and treatment process.
- Greet arriving patients, log them in and schedule future appointments.
- Operate equipment, including electrocardiogram (EKG), X-ray and other equipment required for the use of routine diagnostic testing.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Degree from a two-year college or one or more years of post-high school education
- Medical assistant certification
- Two or more years of experience as a medical assistant
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance
- Urine drug screening (DOT) training preferred