Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Results-oriented Auto Sales Associate with over 12 years of experience in new and pre-owned vehicle sales. Skilled in strategically negotiating deals and transforming e-commerce prospects into in-store sales to achieve sales targets. Proven leadership skills that help team members achieve individual sales, enhance customer service, and drive business goals. Looking to take next career step in automotive sales and leadership with a respected dealership dedicated to delivering high-quality service and building relationships with customers.
- New and pre-owned auto sales
- Customer service
- Inventory management
- Strategic negotiations
- Industry trends
- Cultivate relationships with new customers to achieve sales objectives and provide insight into new products, features, and options.
- Strategically negotiate with customers to close on deals and increase sales; personally work deals, interest rates, leases, and calculate financial requirements prior to obtaining approval from dealership manager and F&I manager.
- Qualify and follow up on warm Internet leads regarding new and pre-owned vehicle availability, price, and options.
- Maintain contact with customers via email, phone calls, and regular updates on promotional offers.
- Greeted and actively listened to customers to uncover purchasing needs and provide recommendations based on automotive requirements.
- Used consultative sales process to match customers with vehicles suiting their needs.
- Demonstrated vehicle functionality and explained options, accompanied prospective customers on test drives, and explained costs associated with purchase.
- Researched new automotive releases to maintain knowledge of new products and trends.
- Informed customers of associated dealer services and products such as extended warranties.
- Followed up and responded to warm Internet leads and customer questions on vehicle availability, price, and options; field inquiries from AutoTrader, TrueCar, and Edmunds websites.
- Interviewed prospective customers to identify purchasing needs and articulate vehicles’ value and benefits.
- Scheduled prospective customer appointments to direct sales traffic to dealership.
- Investigated and resolved grievances from existing and prospective customers, and forwarded unresolved complaints to designated departments for additional investigation.
- Maintained currency on industry trends, new and pre-owned vehicle inventories, and individual vehicle features.
Honda Leadership Training
Professional Selling Training
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Car Salesman job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Car Salesman resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.