Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a 911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a 911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
A resume objective is a place where jobseekers can truly shine. In this short section of the resume, candidates can express their proudest achievements and most valuable industry skills. Some employers make a quick decision about a candidate based on the strength of the resume objective, so it’s important for applicants to put their best foot forward.
If you want to build a resume for a job as a 911 dispatcher, you’ll need to demonstrate your capability to perform under pressure in this demanding but important job. Look at the job description for specifics about which skills are most important. Here are some top skills you should include in your 911 dispatcher resume objective:
- Ability to run a multi-line emergency dispatch system
- Strong understanding of the local geography and streets
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR
- Understanding of police and fire emergency codes
- Typing speed of 35 words per minute or more
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Skilled at keeping people calm
- Understanding of local laws and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Quick decision-making skills
- Ability to stay calm
- Top verbal communication skills
911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives
911 Dispatchers hold the very important responsibility of operating telephone and computer equipment and relaying vital information to the appropriate lawenforcement agency. A good objective will clearly communicate to the hiring manager that you have the skills and qualifications to succeed in the positionand carry out your duties effectively.
What The 911 Dispatcher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A number of skills are required to be a successful 911 Dispatcher. Good customer service skills are essential because dispatchers regularly have to stay onthe phone with the caller for comfort and reassurance. Other tasks include asking questions to the caller to determine the severity of the situation,relaying information to law enforcement agencies, recording details of calls and monitoring radio frequencies to stay up-to-date on developing situations.Your resume objective should make the prospective employer confident that you can handle these responsibilities.
Sample 911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives
As you are writing your objective statement, you should make sure to include any relevant experiences and talents that make you well-qualified for theposition. You should also ensure that the name of the company you are applying for is included to display your genuine interest in working with theorganization.
1. Seeking employment as a 911 Dispatcher for ABC company to apply skills in customer service and documenting information.
2. Motivated individual desiring a 911 Dispatcher position with ABC company to use strengths involving working with the public, communicating withpersonnel and operating communication systems.
3. Looking for a position with ABC company as a 911 Dispatcher to utilize experiences in monitoring alarm systems and answering telephones.
4. Proactive and results-oriented professional with 10+ years of experience in providing medical instructions to callers, relaying messages to and fromemergency sites and determining response requirements seeking a 911 Dispatcher position at ABC company.
5. Obtain a rewarding 911 Dispatcher position with ABC company to employ skills with working with the general public and working with computers.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.