Are you an accomplished salesperson or just breaking into the industry? Regardless of your career level, a stand-out sales resume is crucial to your future career path. Check out our sales resume template as a starting point for outlining your impressive credentials that will catch the eye of recruiters and hiring managers and get you into the job you want. You can also use LiveCareer’s sales resume template for ideas about the keywords and phrases that will help you get noticed. Take advantage of our expertly designed templates to highlight your accomplishments and sell yourself to your future employer.
Sales resume templates are a good way to find out what's going on in the sector and what individual industries are looking for in a candidate. They're a great starting point for creating a solid set of credentials for hiring managers and getting into sales.Create My Resume
Finding jobs in sales takes a broad range of job-seeking skill sets and the determination to succeed. Follow these tips to help make your job search more organized and efficient to take that next big step in your career.
1. Attend business and job support groups. This type of networking can not only be valuable with job leads, but can also help with stress reduction and provide current trends in the local job market.
2. Research your potential employers well prior to the interview. Utilize various sources such as company websites, annual reports, social media platforms and industry trade journals.
3. Focus your job search on employers that share your values. This will offer the most job satisfaction for the long term.
4. Social media sites are not just for fun; they can be very helpful in searching for leads. Search for industry keywords or titles of positions to find many new leads for jobs in sales.
5. Dig deep into online job banks. These sites are not only good for searching for jobs, but you can also post your resume for employers to find you and research salary ranges for particular types of positions.
The main document that potential employers consider before hiring a new employee continues to be the resume. Making sure that yours is top-notch is extremely important to help you find jobs in sales. Follow these do’s and don’ts for an excellent resume.
1. Don’t ever lie on your resume. This is a hard and fast rule that should never be broken.
2. Do create as sharp of a focus as possible to showcase your talents in a concise and impressive manner. Utilizing industry keywords and bullet points are an effective strategy to garner the attention of hiring managers.
3. Don’t mix noun and verb phrases in the job descriptions of your resume. Use action verbs instead to communicate your skills and abilities the best.
4. Do emphasize transferable skills, particularly if you are changing careers or don’t have much experience. Qualities such as leadership, management and communication skills are all important to employers.
5. Don’t go beyond two pages for your resume. This will help keep you in the desirable pool of applicants for jobs in sales.