There are quite a few fields in which a Human Service Worker might find meaningful employment. They assist social workers in determining eligibility for government benefits, help explain programs to clients, conduct research and interviews, and document information. Write a resume objective that captures your best skills and how they relate to the position.
What The Human Service Worker Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Human Service Workers wear a lot of hats. On any given day, you might find yourself transporting clients to appointments, assisting or advising on meal preparation, educating about food stamps or money management, or providing information about public services. Strong communication skills are essential, as are organization and empathy. Your resume objectives should capture what unique skills, attributes, and experience you can bring to the position you are applying for.
Sample Human Service Worker Resume Objectives
Your objective statement could be the most important thing on your resume. Using the name of the company you are applying for in your objective statement indicates a sincere interest in the job. Use one of the statements below to spark your own ideas:
1. An organized, empathetic Human Service Worker with eight years of experience counseling Senior Citizens and assisting them with applying for government benefits seeking to contribute her skills to ABC Social Services.
2. Obtain a position at ABC Social Services as a Human Service Worker to use background in nutrition sciences and knowledge of government assistance programs to assist new mothers in planning and preparing healthy meals.
3. Human Service Worker with clean driving record, a friendly demeanor, and a sincere interest in people across the socio-economic spectrum seeking a position at ABC Social Services.
4. Seeking a job as a Human Service Worker to use experience, patience, and empathy gained as a camp counselor to help guide at-risk teens to make better choices.
5. Apply empathy, organizational skills, and experience in Medicare and Medicaid programs to a position at ABC Healthcare as a Human Service Worker to assist patients in obtaining benefits.
Skills To Put in a Human Service Worker Resume Objective
When you begin your resume with an objective statement, don’t forget to round it out by mentioning your most relevant qualifications. Doing this ensures that the reviewer sees your most important skills right away. You can figure out which strengths to include in this section by studying the job description. Whenever the posting lists one of your qualities as required or desired, emphasize that skill on your resume.
Although you should definitely include any hard or technical skills you possess, don’t skimp on the soft skills, such as communication. As a human service worker, you need robust interpersonal skills to succeed. A hiring manager may prefer someone with strong listening and problem-solving abilities over someone who lacks these qualities but has more education or experience.
Here are some skills you may want to add to your human service worker resume’s objective section:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services
- Proven ability to establish rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Five years of experience in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Highly organized and analytical
- Team-oriented collaborator
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Experience with community outreach, including Child Find
- Adept at data processing, word processing, spreadsheets, and database management
- Comfortable working with the public and with a variety of personalities in the office
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Professional Resume Writer/Certified Career Coach @ Goodwill Industries Of Central Texas
Director of Information Systems with over 20 years of experience in the Home Building Industry. Well versed in setting up company systems and processes, hiring and training staff across all department...
20 yrs 9 mo
Construction Supervisor,+construction +supervisor +resume @ The Beam Team
Hardworking Customer Service Representative with 10 years of experience working with Production or Service. Trained in project and time management with extensive knowledge of Area of customer satisfac...
9 yrs 6 mo
Housekeeper,+housekeeper +resume @ Maryanne
Housekeeper focused on providing exceptional service to commercial tenants. Reliable, responsible and driven to be integral team member. Consistently punctual in arrival and stays until all tasks are ...
18 yrs 3 mo
Writer,+writer +resume @ Lezli Freeman
Meticulous Writer offering exemplary skills in curating creative content. Pursuing position writing for growth-oriented organization. Effective at using various writing styles to complete writing assi...
13 yrs 4 mo
Skilled Trades,+skilled +trades +resume @ Fences Unlimited
Hard-working Site Manager with 12 years of experience. Educated in OSHA safety requirements and experienced leading team of over 2-5 workers. Proficient in carpentry, flooring installation, concrete w...
21 yrs 4 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.