Customer service representatives interact with customers from many different industries. They provide varying degrees of support and enhance the lines of communication between their respective organization and consumers to improve the knowledge, understanding, and operations of their company’s operations. Customer service representatives must also be prepared to handle customer complaints and issues while maintaining accurate account records. A good resume objective should highlight your ability to communicate, delegate, and organize information along with your skills, interests, and career goals.
What The Customer Service Representatives Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Being a successful customer service representative requires you to appropriately respond to customers in a manner that resolves their concerns while providing them with a good experience. You need exceptional analytical, communication, and listening skills. You should also be able to take charge of each interaction to meet specific metrics and milestones while engaging with customers in a courteous and professional way. Be sure to highlight these skills along with any verbal, written, and leadership skills you have to show potential employers that you are the complete package for the position and able to rise to any challenges.
Sample Customer Service RepresentativesObjectives
Customize your objectives with the name of the organization you are pursuing employment from to make your resume stand out and show that you are not blindly applying. The following examples are reference resume objectives for you to use.
1. Seeking challenging opportunity with ABC company that utilizes exceptional verbal and written communication skills via face to face and phone interactions.
2. Obtain rewarding customer service position with ABC company that provides growth and career advancement opportunities.
3. Seeking to use experience and communication skills for ABC company to resolve and enhance and transform the face of customer interaction.
4. Obtain a customer service position with ABC company with opportunity to focus on leadership, communication, and customer relations skills.
5. Challenging customer relations position with ABC company that focuses on sales, retention, and resolution.
Skills To Put in a Customer Service Representatives Resume Objective
The objective statement is the first – and sometimes only – part of your resume a hiring manager will read. Including your best skills in this section can prove your value and qualification at a brief glance. It also gives you an advantage over other applicants who simply use this section to state their career goals.
To help you prioritize your skills, read through the job description several times to find keywords and phrases. These can indicate the type of employee the company wants and give you an idea of which skills to list. Include a mixture of soft and hard skills to demonstrate both your personality and experience.
Here are some top skills to help you write your own customer service representatives resume objective:
- Superior conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Exceptional multitasking abilities
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet programs, data tracking software, and Microsoft Office products
- Listening and comprehension skills
- Able to remain patient and calm in frustrating situations
- Able to work well and remain focused under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Upbeat and positive regardless of the type of conversation
- Recordkeeping and documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as conversational skills
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Call Center Representative/member Service Representatives @ Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan
Polite and professional Customer Service Representative successful in applying strong communication and problem resolution skills to each customer issue. Solid history of surpassing productivity and q...
11 yrs 8 mo
Call Center Representative/member Service Representatives @ Holiday Station Stores - Workday
Diplomatic Customer Service professional versed in applying strong communication, problem-solving skills and polite, professional demeanor to resolve customer issues and maximize satisfaction while en...
8 yrs 9 mo
Secretary for House of Representatives @ Gregory George Gruse
Polished Assistant & Secretary with experience with being a assistant/secretary for House Of Representatives Gregory George Gruse, successful at supporting executive productivity and business operatio...
4 yrs 3 mo
Phone Sales Representatives @ Boost Moblie
Service-oriented Phone Sales Promoter adept at achieving and outperforming sales targets. Driven achiever highly knowledgeable of successful sales strategies with adaptability to handle dynamic cus...
13 yrs 5 mo
Financial Representatives @ Country Financial
2019, 2020, And 2021 Country Financial Representative Employee of the Year, Rookie of the Year, All-Star and All-American of the Year. Broke Country Financial production Record for the year 2019. All ...
14 yrs 4 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.