Customer Service Representatives Resume Objectives
Customer service representatives interact with customers from many different industries. They provide varying degrees of support and enhance the lines of communication between their respective organization and consumers to improve the knowledge, understanding, and operations of their company’s operations. Customer service representatives must also be prepared to handle customer complaints and issues while maintaining accurate account records. A good resume objective should highlight your ability to communicate, delegate, and organize information along with your skills, interests, and career goals.
What The Customer Service Representatives Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Being a successful customer service representative requires you to appropriately respond to customers in a manner that resolves their concerns while providing them with a good experience. You need exceptional analytical, communication, and listening skills. You should also be able to take charge of each interaction to meet specific metrics and milestones while engaging with customers in a courteous and professional way. Be sure to highlight these skills along with any verbal, written, and leadership skills you have to show potential employers that you are the complete package for the position and able to rise to any challenges.
Sample Customer Service Representatives Objectives
Customize your objectives with the name of the organization you are pursuing employment from to make your resume stand out and show that you are not blindly applying. The following examples are reference resume objectives for you to use.
1. Seeking challenging opportunity with ABC company that utilizes exceptional verbal and written communication skills via face to face and phone interactions.
2. Obtain rewarding customer service position with ABC company that provides growth and career advancement opportunities.
3. Seeking to use experience and communication skills for ABC company to resolve and enhance and transform the face of customer interaction.
4. Obtain a customer service position with ABC company with opportunity to focus on leadership, communication, and customer relations skills.
5. Challenging customer relations position with ABC company that focuses on sales, retention, and resolution.
Skills To Put in a Customer Service Representatives Resume Objective
The objective statement is the first – and sometimes only – part of your resume a hiring manager will read. Including your best skills in this section can prove your value and qualification at a brief glance. It also gives you an advantage over other applicants who simply use this section to state their career goals.
To help you prioritize your skills, read through the job description several times to find keywords and phrases. These can indicate the type of employee the company wants and give you an idea of which skills to list. Include a mixture of soft and hard skills to demonstrate both your personality and experience.
Here are some top skills to help you write your own customer service representatives resume objective:
- Superior conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Exceptional multitasking abilities
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet programs, data tracking software, and Microsoft Office products
- Listening and comprehension skills
- Able to remain patient and calm in frustrating situations
- Able to work well and remain focused under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Upbeat and positive regardless of the type of conversation
- Recordkeeping and documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as conversational skills
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.