Individuals on the Janitorial staff of any company provide an invaluable service by keeping the environment clean and maintaining order. If you are composing a resume for a position as a Janitor, then it is important to write an objective that will capture the attention of prospective employers. The objective is the first thing that a prospective employer reads, and it creates a lasting impression.
What the Maintenance & Janitorial Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Prospective employers of individuals applying for a Janitorial position want to know that these individuals have a fantastic work ethic and that they will pay close attention to small details. They need to have the ability to work with special cleaning equipment and have the physical capability to do hard physical labor for many hours at a time. Your objective should let employers know that you have the skills to get the job done the first time properly and the drive to work hard for long hours.
Sample Maintenance & Janitorial Resume Objectives
When writing a Janitorial objective, it is important to let the prospective employer know that you have the dedication and the physical ability to keep the facility clean. You should also include the name of the company to demonstrate to the company that your desire to work for them is sincere. Here is an example of objective statements that may be modified to fit your specific needs.
1. Seeking a position as a Janitor with ABC company to use hard work and attention to detail to maintain order and cleanliness in the work environment
2. Hardworking and motivated individual seeking job on the Janitorial staff of ABC company to keep the company’s facilities clean and in good working order.
3. Obtain a job on the Maintenance and Janitorial staff of the ABC company to use work ethic and dedication to keep facility clean.
4. Searching for employment at ABC company as a Janitor in order to help the company maintain an organized, clean, and well-functioning environment with hard work and attention to detail.
5. Organized, detail-oriented, and physically fit individual seeking to fill position on the Janitorial staff of ABC company to maintain order and cleanliness in the facility.
Skills to Put in a Maintenance Janitorial Resume Objective
Skills often count more than education and experience, as they show you are capable of performing certain duties. To strengthen your resume, add some hard and soft professional abilities and skills connected to the position you desire. This allows an employer to find out as much about you as possible within the first few seconds of reading your document.
For a maintenance janitorial resume, you want to showcase a mixture of mechanical and hygienic skills. This could include knowledge of building utilities and proper cleaning procedures. Looking at the job description can give you a good idea of what skills to include in your objective statement. You can also find skill ideas from LinkedIn and other online job profile sites.
The following skills are important for a maintenance janitor:
- Active listener able to follow directions
- Expert-level knowledge of HVAC systems
- Up-to-date on OSHA practices regarding a clean and healthy work environment
- Able to lift heavy loads from standing to over head
- Stamina to perform physical activities consistently through an entire workday
- Team player with experience in joint lifting
- Flexible enough to handle shifting job priorities
- Clear communicator one-on-one and in group settings
- Can efficiently delegate tasks
- Experienced with software for maintaining inventory and ordering new tools and parts
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Janitorial Lead/Porter/maintenance @ Millennium Management
Experienced facilities cleaning professional with solid history working at residental and commercial buildings. Diligent about carrying out tasks with care and attention to detail. Focused on keeping ...
9 yrs 11 mo
Janitorial Maintenance Supervisor @ Enserve Contractors
Dedicated Janitorial Services Supervisor focused on maximizing team efficiency and skill with direct leadership and training strategies. Knowledgeable about safe chemical handling and cleaning techniq...
2 yrs 6 mo
Janitorial Maintenance @ JFK Hospital
I am a fast learner reliable positive person, i process excellent problem solving capabilities and i can manage a significant workload. I'm always willing to learn more and gain more experience. i am ...
27 yrs 11 mo
Sales Professional,+sales +professional +resume @ Badger Meter, Inc.
Highly motivated Sales Manager with extensive customer service and sales experience. Outgoing sales professional with track record of driving increased sales, improving buying experience and elevating...
30 yrs 3 mo
Professional Resume Writer/Certified Career Coach @ Pro Resume Coach, LLC
Experienced H.R. Generalist, Recruiter, Social Media Marketer, and Sales professional well versed in employment law, payroll, benefits, employee coaching, and team building. Proven successful track re...
20 yrs 5 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.