Coffee Shop Workers are in high demand, with independent and chain stores needing friendly and efficient staff to accommodate high volumes of customers. A resume objective for this position should be clear and confident, as this is the first thing that hiring managers read. Be sure to emphasize communication skills and previous experience to make it obvious you are the best candidate for the position.
What The Coffee Shop Worker Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to making a variety of hot and cold beverages, Coffee Shop Workers hold a number of diverse duties. Especially in smaller stores, workers may be responsible for food prep, cleaning, customer service, managing transactions, stocking supplies, and managing team members. Effective coffee shop workers are efficient behind the counter and know how to deliver exceptional service to guests. When writing a resume for this position, highlight experience with coffee service, knowledge of hospitality, ability to work quickly, and passion for positive guest experience.
Sample Coffee Shop Worker Resume Objectives
Be sure to include the name of the company in your objective statement to convey genuine interest to prospective employers. Here are a few examples of statements that you can customize for your resume:
1. Outgoing, positive individual seeks position with ABC company as Coffee Shop Worker to provide excellent guest experience with effective communication, attention to detail, and passion for coffee.
2. Seeking position as Coffee Shop Worker with ABC company that enables knowledge of food and drink preparation, customer service, and team leadership to support growth of client base.
3. Looking to obtain position that enables utilization of outgoing personality, ability to relate to people, and efficient work style to improve guest experience as Coffee Shop Worker with ABC company.
4. Driven, results-oriented individual with 5+ years experience providing high-level customer service in coffee house environment seeks position with ABC company as Coffee Shop Worker.
5. Searching for position as Coffee Shop Worker with ABC company to support positive atmosphere and deliver fast and friendly service to customers.
Skills To Put in a Coffee Shop Worker Resume Objective
Your resume objective tells hiring managers who you are as a professional and showcases the skills you bring to the workplace. In today’s business world, companies need their employees to have hard and soft skills. While hard skills are often critical, soft skills are just as important. Increasingly, industry experts recognize soft skills’ contribution to companies’ retention and higher productivity.
As you craft your resume objective and skills section, make sure to include some of the hard and soft skills listed in the job description. Also, review business networking websites and your own work experience for specific skills that complement the job description. The goal is to include the professional abilities that will position you as an ideal candidate.
Here are some key skills for coffee shop workers:
- Excellent customer and personal service skills
- Proficiency in point of sale software, such as Foodman Home-Delivery and RestaurantPlus PRO
- Hands-on knowledge of database user interface and query software, such as data entry software
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Proficiency in food preparation, hygiene, and safety practices
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing principles
- Advanced active listening and critical thinking skills
- Superior communication with customers, supervisors, colleagues, and peers
- Good balance, flexibility, and hand-to-eye coordination
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Personable care taker enjoys engaging with people from all walks of life. Knowledgeable in all types of brews and concoctions. Consistently delivers exemplary customer service. A positive attitude is ...
4 yrs 3 mo