Substance Abuse Counselor Resume Objective
Substance Abuse Counselors provide individual and group therapy to people who suffer from addictions and assist families of those who are addicted. Their duties include delivering prevention, crisis care, and recovery services. A clear objective helps sway employers to read your resume, so it’s vital to stress your licenses or certifications as well as your strong desire to help others.
What The Substance Abuse Counselor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A Substance Abuse Counselor helps people with various addictions, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, and eating disorders. They interview patients, conduct counseling sessions, and administer drug tests. Creating plans for individual intervention, treatment, and recovery is a major part of the job, as well as gathering information on each patient from case studies, observations, and assessments. There are often heavy caseloads and documentation requirements to deal with. The position requires either certification or a license, depending on the requirements of the state in which you are seeking work. When writing your resume, focus on your wish to help people in crisis situations.
Sample Substance Abuse Counselor Resume Objectives
A prospective employer will be convinced that you are genuinely interested if you use the name of the company in your resume objective for a Substance Abuse Counselor position. Some objective statement examples are listed below:
1. Searching for a Substance Abuse Counselor position with ABC company to use experience and strong desire to help crisis patients in their addiction recovery.
2. Seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor position with ABC company that will benefit from background in counseling addicts to improve lives and future outcomes.
3. Compassionate individual interested in a Substance Abuse Counselor position with ABC company that will utilize strong interest and counseling background to provide therapy to those suffering from addiction.
4. Patient individual with five years of addiction counseling experience and strong communication skills seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor position with ABC company.
5. Looking to gain a position as a Substance Abuse Counselor with ABC company that will use communication skills and addiction counseling certification to provide therapy to those recovering from substance abuse.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.