There are plenty of opportunities to land a Line Cook job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Line Cook Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Dedicated and energetic Line Cook with a stellar customer service record and an exceptionally good attitude. Adept at multitasking in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment. Able to maintain cordial and professional working relationships with other staff, supervisors, and customers.
- Strong hands-on experience in line service, food preparation, and cooking
- Excellent grasp of safe food handling procedures
- Strong expertise in making soups, salads, entrees, and desserts
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Good ability to season, garnish, and arrange food creatively and attractively
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Prepare and serve food promptly and courteously.
- Prepare and present specialty food items for banquets, weddings, and corporate events.
- Assist with food service item stocking as required.
- Ensure quality of raw and cooked food items on a regular basis.
- Maintain clean and sanitary kitchen area and equipment.
- Greeted guests and took all food orders quickly and politely.
- Cooked and served all meals per guest specifications.
- Handled all food in compliance with hotel health standards.
- Restocked food supplies and equipment as required.
- Maintained clean and sanitary work area at all times.
Skills to Put in a Line Cook Resume Objective
Employers spend a few seconds looking at a resume before deciding to continue reading or set the document in the “no” pile. Your resume objective must shine in this short period, which means including some hard and soft skills. This means you let employers know what you are capable of without relying on them to read your entire resume.
Applying to be a line cook means demonstrating you have culinary knowledge and can work under pressure. Your mix of hard and soft skills should focus on your physical and mental ability to perform the job and any specialized knowledge you may have in particular culinary areas. Read the job description and include the most relevant skills you have.
A good line cook resume may include one or more of these skills in its resume objective:
- Able to multitask effectively
- Discerning palate with extensive knowledge of Asian spices
- Active listener
- Familiar with multiple prep stations
- Adaptable and organized
- Punctual with a flexible schedule
- Excellent manual dexterity
- High endurance for standing and walking
- Can maintain emotional control in tense situations
- Specialized skills in sushi and nigiri preparation
- Able to convert volumes and weights between Imperial and Metric
- Can take charge in difficult situations
Line Cook Resume Objective
Line cooks have a range of professional responsibilities, and therefore, they must have a multi-faceted skillset. When applying for a line cook position, your resume objective informs prospective employers about your experience and skills. If written appropriately, it functions as a sort of sales pitch, a statement that tells employers why you are right for the position.
What the Line Cook Resume Should Tell Prospective Employers
Being a line cook means being adept at both food preparation and customer service. These are the two most important skills to emphasize in your resume objective. Furthermore, you should also mention any prior professional experience you have had working as a line cook or similar occupation. Make employers see that you are qualified to handle, prepare, and store various kinds of food. Other important skills to highlight include the ability to manage customer expectations, handle food preparation equipment, and work in a fast-paced environment. If you have no experience working as a line cook, then it is valuable to mention any customer service-related experience you have.
Sample Line Cook Resume Objectives
It is important to remember that strong resume objectives provide ample detail concerning your skills and experience while still remaining relatively concise. Also, as a rule of thumb, you should include a prospective employer’s name in the objective to show your interest in working for the company.
- Seeking line cook position at ABC company to utilize 10+ years of experience preparing food, providing customer service, and supervising kitchen staff.
- Motivated individual seeks entry-level line cook position at ABC company to employ customer service experience and develop food preparation and production skills.
- Professional with background in food production pursues line cook position at ABC company that permits the utilization of food preparation and management skills.
- Looking for line cook position at ABC company to apply experience handling food, operating heavy kitchen equipment, and managing customer expectations.
- Reliable and compliant worker looks to employ food preparation and customer service skills at ABC company and advance professionally as a line cook.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Line Cook @ The Brickhouse Grill & Pub
A career spanning over fifteen years now, working in many kinds of kitchens. My most recent and more enjoyable kitchens have all been open to the public eye, so I know how to conduct my self in such a...
8 yrs 5 mo
Line Cook/Line Server @ The Residences at Greer
Experienced [Job Title] with solid background in foodservice. Offers excellent track record of tackling various tasks to support kitchen and wait staff. Demonstrates genuine hospitality to establish r...
9 yrs 1 mo
Line Cook @ City Winery
Flexible hard worker ready to learn and contribute to team success....
6 yrs 9 mo
Line Cook @ North Italia
Focused line cook with expertise preparing meals for customers in busy high volume establishments. Versatile professional with experience in food safety, supply management and plating. Courteous and b...
15 yrs 1 mo
Line Cook @ Cheesecake Factory Inc
Talented Cook with excellent experience in fast-paced kitchen environments. Clear communicator with team-oriented focus and advanced skills to effectively work with cashiers and kitchen staff to revie...
4 yrs 4 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.