Management Resume Objective
Managers are required in many different fields to ensure that companies are functioning properly. If you are applying for a management position, it is important that your resume contains a well-written objective. This will encourage the individual looking through resumes to continue reading and find out more about the qualifications that you possess.
What the Management Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
When a company is looking to fill a management position, they are looking for someone who has the ability to promote a positive working environment. Managers need excellent organizational skills, to understand the business they are managing, and to know how to allocate resources properly. They need to be able to encourage employees working under them to do their jobs efficiently and stay on task. When writing an objective for a managerial position you should include any previous management experience or demonstrate that you have the necessary expertise to the job well.
Sample Management Resume Objectives
When you are writing the objective on your resume for a management position, it is a good idea to highlight pertinent experience that will qualify you for the position. It is also important that you demonstrate that you have the ability to lead and know how to delegate responsibilities so that the business will continue to run smoothly under your management. Specifying the name of the company in the objective will also let employers know that you really want the available management position. These sample objectives may help you get started.
1. Seeking management position within ABC company in an effort to utilize expertise of the products being sold and previous management experience to promote a positive and productive working environment.
2. Individual driven by results is seeking an available management position with ABC company in an effort to use exceptional organizational and leadership skills to run the business effectively.
3. Intelligent, organized, and motivated individual seeking a management position with ABC company to provide leadership and maintain high standards in the work place.
4. Searching to fill the vacant management position with ABC company with a highly motivated, organized individual who will use 10+ years of management experience and skilled leadership to maintain productivity and quality of service.
5. Searching for employment at the ABC company in an effort to promote productivity and employee work satisfaction by utilizing leadership skills, management experience, and product knowledge.
Skills to Put in a Management Resume Objective
Managers exist in every industry at multiple levels, so you need to tailor the skills you include in your resume to the job you are applying for; that also includes the skills you put in your objective statement. To help an employer get a good idea of your professional abilities as quickly as possible, include a few hard as well as soft skills in this opening section.
If your management resume targets a job running a team, then focus on your interpersonal skills. For the management of a database or other technical endeavors, try shining a spotlight on your knowledge of relevant hardware and software. Along with those skills, include some soft skills, such as leadership or communication.
To make your management resume stand out, consider adding any of these hard and soft professional capabilities to your objective statement:
- Proficient with Microsoft and Mac office suites
- Able to motivate and encourage others
- Observation skills to notice compatible skills in others
- Clear communicator both orally and written
- Able to delegate tasks in an efficient way
- Familiar with database software packages
- Expert user of various videoconferencing software packages
- Charismatic leader
- Can read, understand, and effectively relay written information
- Experienced with multiple research methods
- Quick thinker able to solve complex problems
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.