Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Civil Engineering job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Civil Engineering resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in a Civil Engineering Resume Objective
Writing a civil engineering resume objective statement can be intimidating, and figuring out which skills to include and how to include them is one of the most difficult challenges. A strong resume will have professional abilities in the objective section and spread throughout the entire document. It will also have both hard and soft skills. Soft skills are the behavioral abilities that many employers look for in candidates.
The single most important aspect for the set of skills you include in your resume objective is honesty. You need to be confident that every skill you include applies to you fully. Check the job description and our example civil engineering resume samples to see common skills to include, but only use the ones that describe you accurately.
The following skills appeal to many employers hiring for a civil engineering position:
- Extensive design and drafting experience
- Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience using organizational and problem-solving skills on a daily basis
- Strong evaluation and spatial thinking skills
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Extensive background in leadership and management
- Active listening and perception abilities
- Use of creativity in designing and problem-solving
- Highly developed research skills
- Writing reports to present gathered information
- Understanding of physics, architecture, and engineering
- Experience as a construction planner and manager