There are plenty of opportunities to land a Makeup Artist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Makeup Artist Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly dedicated and skilled Makeup Artist with an exceptional record of customer service and client satisfaction. Adept at perceiving individual clients’ unique skin tone and corresponding makeup needs and recommending products accordingly. Abel to work well independently or as part of a cosmetology professional team.
- Extensive experience
- Strong familiarity with makeup industry standards
- Excellent grasp of cosmetology with regard to makeup application
- Strong multitasking and organizational abilities
- Superior knowledge of skin products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Perform makeup application, waxing, and other cosmetic services as requested.
- Assist colleagues with clients and cleanup duties as needed.
- Recommend makeup choices to clients on an individual basis.
- Uphold high courtesy and customer service standards for every client.
- Maintain and update client payment records on a regular basis.
- Maintained and updated inventory records on a weekly basis.
- Ensured client satisfaction with quality of salon service.
- Prepared and updated weekly work schedule.
- Performed makeup application and other assorted cosmetic tasks.
- Assisted colleagues and management with special events and sales.
Skills to Put in a Makeup Artist Resume Objective
Putting your resume at the top of the stack should be your goal while looking for a job. One way to do that is with a well-written objective statement that includes some of your hard and soft skills. This means a hiring manager who only spends a few seconds on each submission will get a good idea of your skillset and professional capabilities and is more likely to continue reading your submission.
In your makeup artist resume, draw attention to your customer service skills and artistic ability. You also want to draw inspiration from the job description by looking for required and preferred skills. Any of these skills that apply to you are good options for inclusion in your objective statement.
Look at these hard and soft skills to get an idea of what to put in your makeup artist resume objective statement:
- Strong visualization skills
- Good eye for color and style
- Able to coordinate elements into coherent design
- Manual dexterity and arm stamina
- Skilled oral communicator
- Up-to-date on the latest makeup trends
- Great written and oral comprehension
- Able to ask questions to clarify a client’s desires
- Sensitive listener in social situations
- Time-management skills to effectively handle multiple projects at once
- Systematic mindset to perform tasks in order
Makeup Artist Resume Objectives
When you look for jobs as a makeup artist, it is critical that your resume objective shines a light on your specific skills and talents. This is often what employers see first when they pick up your resume. For this reason, you need to make sure that your objective specifically states what kind of position you are looking for.
What the Makeup Artist Resume Objectives Should Tell Employers
As a makeup artist, you can work in a variety of different settings. Although the setting may be different, your responsibilities will likely include consulting with clients, applying makeup, suggesting products to use, and making recommendations for makeup application. Some of the skills that you may want to emphasize in your resume, especially in your objective, are your ability to specifically meet a client’s needs while also helping them look and feel their best.
Sample Makeup Artist Resume Objectives
When you draft your resume, it is always a good idea to name the exact company that you would like to work for. This way, you illustrate to potential employers that you show a specific interest in their business and what they do.
1. Acquire a position working in ABC salon that could benefit from a makeup artist who knows how to assess client needs and provide them with beneficial cosmetic solutions.
2. Looking for a position with ABC salon in order to use extensive knowledge working with a variety of different cosmetic products and solutions in order to meet client needs.
3. Skilled makeup artist looking for an opportunity with ABC salon to help clients with their makeup and other cosmetic needs before weddings, dances, and other special events.
4. Obtain a position working for ABC salon as a makeup artist that provides an opportunity to give beauty-related services to a varied client base.
5. Searching for a role with ABC salon that requires extensive experience and knowledge of the makeup and beauty industry in addition to excellent customer service skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Freelance Makeup Artist @ Estee Lauder
Motivational leader and organizational problem-solver with advanced supervisory, team building and customer service skills. Experience stepping into roles and quickly making positive changes to drive ...
8 yrs 5 mo
Freelance Makeup Artist @ MAC Cosmetics
Strategic-minded Project Analyst adept at quickly and accurately assessing project well-being by evaluating financial and temporal viability. Committed to seeing projects through via constant and atte...
Makeup Artist @ CosmecticsByCT
Confident and accomplished Makeup Artist with 6 years of experience in Proms, Weddings and other special events. Possessing professional demeanor and extensive knowledge of makeup brands. Aware of saf...
9 yrs 9 mo
Makeup Artist @ Dry A Blow-dry Bar
Talented Makeup Artist with in-depth knowledge of makeup artistry and cosmetic industries. Possessing strong visual sense and creative imagination. Goal-oriented professional successful building lasti...
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.