A General Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the physical properties of a location like a school or physical plant. The worker carries out various duties such as painting, repairs, moving equipment, and installation. When applying for this position, listing an objective at the top of your resume can highlight your strengths and experience.
What the General Maintenance Worker Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
General Maintenance Workers need a variety of skills such as problem-solving, the ability to work under minimal supervision, and basic math skills. The specific location for this type of position varies widely, so it can be a good idea to tailor your objective to the particular job site. For example, if you’re applying for a position in a school setting, you may want to focus on qualities related to maintaining buildings, whereas if you’re applying to work in a more industrial setting, it can be a good idea to highlight qualities of a more mechanical and equipment-based nature.
Sample General Maintenance Worker Resume Objectives
Writing resume objectives can be tricky, so below are some examples that you can use for reference. Some important things to keep in mind are making sure each word serves a particular function and focusing on whatever makes you unique.
1. Seeking position with ABC school as General Maintenance Worker in order to utilize strengths in problem-solving, repairs, and general upkeep.
2. General Maintenance Worker with 5+ years of experience desiring position at ABC plant to implement skills in maintaining equipment such as boilers and heaters.
3. Obtain position with ABC apartments to act as General Maintenance Worker for the day-to-day upkeep of units and shared spaces.
4. A friendly, dependable individual looking for position with ABC school to provide quality service as General Maintenance Worker.
5. Seeking General Maintenance Worker position with ABC County Office of Education to provide service thorough knowledge of electrical and carpentry repair.
Skills To Put in a General Maintenance Worker Resume Objective
Employers look for maintenance workers with excellent general and specific skills. Make it easy for them to identify your skill set by including vital proficiencies in your objective. You can figure out which skills should get top billing by looking at the job listing. While customizing your resume for each application does require some effort, taking the time to do so can help your document catch hiring managers’ attention.
Although you may think of your job as primarily technical, employers want to know you have the skills to get along with coworkers, communicate with supervisors, and present a pleasant demeanor to staff and clients you encounter during your work. Include essential soft skills that communicate your priorities. Here are some examples of relevant skills descriptions:
- Extensive experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Diagnostics and repair of equipment
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical systems, and plumbing
- Supervising contractors in the course of specialty repairs
- Understanding manuals, blueprints, and electrical schematics
- Use of hand and power tools
- Following appropriate protocol for routine inspection and maintenance
- Use of outdoor equipment including snow blower and leaf blower
- Maintaining and repairing tools and equipment
- Sourcing replacement parts or specialized tools as needed
- Oral and written communication
- Great team player with ability to manage disagreements effectively
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Hardworking General Maintenance Worker with wide-ranging skills in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing equipment and facilities. Works great with team members and smoothly handles different ass...
27 yrs 1 mo
Resourceful General Maintenance Worker with [Number] years of hands-on experience carrying out various maintenance tasks to avoid malfunctions. Skilled in analyzing repair requests, resolving and trou...
11 yrs 6 mo
Resourceful General Maintenance Worker with 18 years of hands-on experience carrying out various maintenance tasks to avoid malfunctions. Skilled in analyzing repair requests, resolving and troublesho...
42 yrs 2 mo