A records clerk for a police department is responsible for fulfilling many common clerical and administrative duties. Job responsibilities typically include filing and retrieval of crime and accident records as well as providing responses to inquiries from the public. The nature of a police department means that the work may prove to be more stressful for some individuals compared to similar clerical occupations. An effectively-written objective statement is an ideal way to illustrate your maturity and communication skills, two qualities which are necessary for success in this role.
What The Police Records Clerk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Describe any previous experience which is similar in terms of job duties or with regard to the work environment. Clerical roles benefit from attention to detail, time management skills, and good memorization, so be sure to emphasize any of these qualities which apply to you. Highlight your written and verbal communication skills as well as your ability to work in high-pressure environments. Hiring managers will likely favor individuals who are effective at multitasking, comfortable working directly with the public, and are capable of exercising discretion when it’s necessary.
Sample Police Records Clerk Resume Objectives
When applying for work, it’s always a good idea to convey specific interest in the organization or department which you’re applying to. Be sure to highlight your pertinent skills and qualifications but also cite the department by name to show your commitment.
1. Seeking records clerk position at ABC Police Department which will benefit from strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in fast-paced environments.
2. File clerk seeks position with ABC Police Department to utilize three years of clerical experience and dedication to completing work quickly and accurately.
3. Administrative professional seeks records clerk position with ABC Police Department which will allow utilization of four years of experience performing clerical duties in medical and dental offices.
4. Records clerk with two years of experience seeks opportunity with ABC Police Department to continue successful career centered on supporting staff through efficient work habits and detail-oriented focus.
5. Motivated individual seeks records clerk position with ABC Police Department to employ strong work ethic and communication skills plus a genuine desire to assist law enforcement for the benefit of the community.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Meticulous records specialist with 20 years of experience. Reviewed written records to verify and transcribe data fields into electronic databases. Collaborated with supervisors, deputies, court clerk...
Skilled and qualified worker seeking a career within a fast paced institution to enhance my professional skills. My objective is to obtain a position that will enable me to effectively utilize strong ...
13 yrs 9 mo
Dedicated and meticulous professional offering demonstrated success in team leadership, organizational problem-solving and customer service. Successful at overseeing team performance and allocating re...
15 yrs 3 mo