Receptionist Resume Objectives
When you apply for a Receptionist position, it is very important to personalize your resume so that it reflects skills desired for that particular job. Your accomplishments should be emphasized, and you should state any skills along the lines of providing information to customers and the general public. The objective portion is the first thing a hiring manager will read, so make sure it really stands out.
What The Receptionist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A successful Receptionist will be able to carry out their basic duties with ease and competency. These tasks can include scheduling appointments, operating the telephone switchboard, greeting patrons, maintaining records, and performing basic administrative duties. A basic comprehension of clerical procedures and customer service tactics should be highlighted. An in-depth understanding of electronic equipment such as processors, circuit boards, and chips is a useful trait to have. A winning combination of education and real-world experience will convince a hiring manager that you are the best applicant for the position.
Sample Receptionist Resume Objectives
When you apply for a Receptionist position, it is imperative that you mention the name of the company you are applying for in the objective. This lets the employer know that you stand above the other applicants and will be dedicated to the job. A few example objectives include:
1. To apply skills learned in 10+ years of experience in clerical and administrative duties as a Receptionist to ABC company.
2. An extremely devoted individual with a stellar background in scheduling appointments and performing administrative tasks seeking a position as Receptionist with ABC company.
3. Acquire a Receptionist position with ABC company and use skills in resource distribution, production techniques, strategic planning, and human resources modeling.
4. To build upon a firm education, along with experience in communicating with subordinates, peers and supervisors, to acquire a Receptionist position at ABC company.
5. Gain a position at ABC company as a Receptionist that will allow for career progression and attainment of managerial and administrative skills.
Including your top skills in your resume objective is a great strategy to catch hiring managers’ attention and keep their interest. Provide a mixture of hard and soft skills in your objective statement and in your skills section, too. Show hiring managers you have the technical aptitudes and the people- or personality-based skills they seek in a receptionist.
Review the job description for the top proficiencies the position requires. Go ahead and include them if they match your current skill set. You can also browse professional profiles on LinkedIn for ideas of other relevant traits to consider.
Here are some examples of top skills for a receptionist:
- Exceptional customer service and administrative abilities
- Excellent communication with the public, supervisors, and peers
- Expertise in electronic mail and office suite software, such as Microsoft Outlook and Corel WordPerfect
- Proficiency in database user interface and query software, such as data entry software and claims processing system software
- Knowledge of record and file management systems
- Superior time management and scheduling skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational aptitudes
- Keen active listening and critical thinking skills
- Discreet and professional demeanor
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute
- Experience working a phone switchboard of 1–8 lines
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.