Training and certification are only one aspect of gaining employment as a registered nurse. A clear and confident resume objective that demonstrates leadership qualities and communication skills illustrates value to a prospective employer. This is the first part of the resume and an important place to make an impact on the reader.
What The RN Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Registered Nurses perform a variety of important duties in the healthcare sector. Most positions center on patient care, requiring candidates who possess exceptional knowledge of medical diagnosis, pharmacology, preventive health measures, and alternative treatments. Teaching skills, continued education, social awareness, and a team-oriented mindset are all qualities that help distinguish a competitive candidate in this field. When writing a resume for this position, you should highlight both clinical and communicative skills in the objective statement.
Sample RN Resume Objectives
When writing the objective for a Registered Nurse position, emphasizing your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications makes it obvious to a prospective employer that you are the best-qualified candidate. Include the company name in the objective statement to show that you are serious about working there. Here are a few examples that you can tailor to fit your experiences:
1. Seeking position as Registered Nurse with ABC company that enables use of clinical knowledge in cardiology, exceptional communication skills, and team-oriented mindset to elevate patient care and support organization.
2. Results-oriented, highly motivated individual with 10+ years experience treating critical care patients, leading staff training and counseling patients and families seeks position with ABC company as Registered Nurse Manager.
3. Looking for Registered Nurse position with ABC company that utilizes extensive knowledge of clinical protocol, deductive reasoning, oral communication, and team coordination to support best practices for patient care.
4. Proactive, highly experienced individual seeks position as Registered Nurse Manager with ABC company that will enable career advancement through use of skills in psychological assessment, research methods, and unit coordination.
5. Obtain a challenging position as Registered Nurse with ABC company that will utilize and broaden existing knowledge in post-operative care, patient education, and case management.
Skills To Put in an RN Resume Objective
RNs work with patients, families, supervisors, and peers to provide first-class health care and support in a variety of settings. They apply their hard and soft skills daily, from using medical equipment to caring for patients. As you craft your resume, include these critical aptitudes in your objective statement and skills section. Show employers that you’re the ideal RN for the job.
Parse the job description for the specific qualifications the employer seeks. Include these on your list if they match your skillset. Review your own professional background for relevant skills. Also, consider visiting LinkedIn to see the competencies other RNs include in their resumes.
RN resumes might include the following top skills for jobs in hospitals or skilled nursing, educational, and correctional facilities:
- Dedicated and compassionate clinician
- Exceptional customer service and patient care
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Keen clinical assessment and independent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in diagnostic and procedural coding software
- Knowledge of medical software, such as Epic Systems and PointClickCare
- Proficiency in using standard medical equipment and devices
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat patients
- CPR/first aid certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Current RN license and registration
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Delivery Driver,+delivery +driver +resume @ Sam Rust Seafood
Organized and dependable candidate who is successful at managing multiple priorities with a great attitude. Experienced Delivery Driver offering solid dedication to customer satisfaction, proven safet...
8 yrs 3 mo
Production Technician,+Production +Technician +resume @ ZF Group
Self-motivated Production Technician follows safety practices, policies and procedures to consistently drive safe job performance. Disassembles, overhauls and rebuilds assembly equipment with minimal ...
18 yrs 4 mo
Restaurant Manager,+restaurant +manager +resume @ Brick And Spoon
Restaurant Manager with experience leading multi-million dollar restaurants as well as banquet and catering operations at award-winning restaurants around country. Driven to raise standards for fine d...
7 yrs 10 mo
Veterinary Technician,+veterinary +technician +resume @ Central Veterinary Hospital
Detail-oriented Veterinary Technician with 21 years of relevant experience and specific expertise in small animal companions . Recognized for field knowledge,compassion and dedication to excellent ani...
21 yrs 5 mo
Support Teacher,+support +teacher +resume @ Bright & Early Childcare
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforceme...
3 yrs 8 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.