There are plenty of opportunities to land a Nursing job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Nursing Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Caring and patient nurse available to fill a position with a reputable medical center. Focus on high-quality and thorough patient care.
- Compassionate and understanding of patient needs and complaints
- Excellent teamwork skills needed to work with doctors and other nurses
- Proficient in computer programs used in chart keeping
- Understanding of all confidentiality regulations and privacy codes
- In-depth knowledge of different types of insurance coverage
- Great communication skills with patients and families
- Extremely thorough in charting
- Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills
- Care for patients in the cardiology ward recovering from heart conditions
- Review patient charts and work with doctors to provide best care
- Accompany patients to testing areas to provide monitoring
- Acquire all necessary paperwork and signatures for medical procedures
- Arrange for and schedule tests ordered by the doctors
- Speak with patients’ families regarding care and treatment
- Cared for patients in the orthopedic wing recovering from orthopedic injuries and surgeries
- Performed routine medical procedures such as drawing blood, taking vitals, starting IVs, administering medicine, etc.
- Documented all aspects of patient care for future medical reference
- Worked with doctors and physical therapists to determine best course of care for the patient
Skills to Put in a Nursing Resume Objective
Crafting your objective statement shouldn’t be as hard as brain surgery. With a few smart tips and an understanding of what skills are valuable to your industry, you can write an objective that states your goals while succinctly demonstrating your qualifications for the job.
Your objective statement should mix hard and soft skills to show why you’re a better choice than most other candidates. To select those skills, first, take a look at your own work history. Identify the talents that helped you succeed, and list them in your objective and skills section to catch employers’ eyes. To round these abilities out, review target jobs to identify the traits employers seek.
Here are just a few examples of nursing resume objective skills:
- Patient assessment, diagnosis, and care
- Long-term and short-term treatment planning
- Vital sign monitoring and analysis
- Patient chart management and electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Compassionate patient care for people from diverse backgrounds and all age ranges
- Staunch patient advocacy to improve quality of care and quality of life
- Partnership with physicians and specialized care providers to improve outcomes
- Medication administration, including an understanding of side effects and interactions
- Collaboration with social workers and external care providers
- Extensive knowledge of palliative and hospice care
Nursing Resume Objectives
Although there are numerous different types of nurses, there are some basic responsibilities and talents required to be successful in any Nursing position. Your resume objective should be customized to reflect the talents and experiences you have that would make you excel in the position and be an asset to the organization you are applying for.
What The Nursing Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Nursing positions are utilized for a number of unique organizations, but some of the basic responsibilities are the same. These tasks include administering medications, coordinating with doctors to provide patients with the right care, interpreting signs to recommend the best course of action, providing education to patients and family members, and performing physical exams. Certain talents will help in the implementation of these duties, such as effective communication, stamina, flexibility, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills. Since hiring managers tend to focus on the objective statement more than any other part of the resume, you should use this space to emphasize the qualifications you possess that would allow you to succeed in the position.
Sample Nursing Resume Objectives
If you are searching for a way to make your resume objective stand apart, include the name of the company you are applying for. This indicates a genuine desire to work for the organization.
1. Seeking employment with ABC company in a Nursing position to utilize critical thinking and communication skills for the overall betterment of the organization.
2. Obtain a Nursing position with ABC company to use extensive background tending to wounds, providing medication, and coordinating care with other healthcare professionals.
3. Looking for a Nursing position to implement extensive experiences in applying modern medical techniques and supervising recovery for the benefit of ABC company.
4. A highly organized individual in search of a Nursing position at ABC company to use a degree in nursing and skills in critical thinking.
5. Results-driven professional with 10+ years of experience in conductive research and providing health education seeking a Nursing position with ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Delivery Driver,+delivery +driver +resume @ Sam Rust Seafood
Organized and dependable candidate who is successful at managing multiple priorities with a great attitude. Experienced Delivery Driver offering solid dedication to customer satisfaction, proven safet...
8 yrs 3 mo
Production Technician,+Production +Technician +resume @ ZF Group
Self-motivated Production Technician follows safety practices, policies and procedures to consistently drive safe job performance. Disassembles, overhauls and rebuilds assembly equipment with minimal ...
18 yrs 4 mo
Restaurant Manager,+restaurant +manager +resume @ Brick And Spoon
Restaurant Manager with experience leading multi-million dollar restaurants as well as banquet and catering operations at award-winning restaurants around country. Driven to raise standards for fine d...
7 yrs 10 mo
Veterinary Technician,+veterinary +technician +resume @ Central Veterinary Hospital
Detail-oriented Veterinary Technician with 21 years of relevant experience and specific expertise in small animal companions . Recognized for field knowledge,compassion and dedication to excellent ani...
21 yrs 5 mo
Support Teacher,+support +teacher +resume @ Bright & Early Childcare
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforceme...
3 yrs 8 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.