Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Licensed Practical Nurse job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an LPN Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills to Put in an LPN Resume Objective
Applying to be a licensed practical nurse means showing you have the medical and social knowledge to deal with patients and their health issues. Doing this in the resume objective means it’s the first thing an employer reads. To ensure a hiring manager keeps reading, include important hard and soft skills that showcase your abilities.
Part of choosing the right skills to put in your objective means looking closely at the job description and matching your words to the text found there. This makes your submission look relevant and catches an employer’s attention more readily. Don’t feel like you need to cram all your skills into the objective. This is just a taste to make an employer interested in knowing more about you.
The following skills are commonly used in an LPN resume:
- Expert-level user for database software, including Company Name Access
- Understanding of group dynamics and social behavior
- Effective oral and written communicator
- Knowledgeable of multiple therapeutic and counseling methods
- Able to provide written assessments of patients
- Empathetic listener
- Up-to-date on OSHA and other safety practices
- Can perform triage in chaotic situations
- Customer and patient service skills
- Sensitive to tense social situations
- Able to put aside biases to help those in need
- Can transcribe patient information into a variety of platforms
LPN Resume Objectives
An LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) can be found working in a variety of healthcare facilities and are usually the first to provide assistance to a patient. If you are applying for this position, include a well-written objective statement in your resume. This sentence should be clear and straightforward so it grabs employers’ attention. Mention your skills, talents, and experience related to the field to show that you qualify for the position.
What the LPN Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
As a licensed practical nurse, you will be responsible for working with patients before doctors and recording their medical histories. LPNs can also give prescribed medication, provide basic wound care, give injections, and check temperature, weight, pulse, and blood pressure. Places where they may work include nursing homes, hospitals, physicians’ offices, and home health care. They may also be private nurses. LPNs are also the people who manage IVs, move patients, assess health and reactions to medication, provide moral support, observe patients, write prescriptions for physicians, and schedule appointments. Skills to have include a friendly, positive attitude, good people skills, communication skills, and knowledge of medical procedures required by nurses.
Sample LPN Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objective statement, include the skills and talents you have. It is also a good idea to mention the company name that you are applying for. Here are some sample resume objectives:
1. Looking to secure a position as an LPN with (company name) that will enable an individual with 5 years of experience in the medical field to provide exceptional people and communication skills.
2. Friendly, detail-oriented individual with medical and people skills seeking employment with (company name) as an LPN.
3. Seeking a position as an LPN with (company name) that will allow an individual with 10+ years of experience in the medical field to benefit the organization.
4. Searching for a position as an LPN that will enable the use of a friendly attitude and communication and medical skills.
5. Organized individual with good people skills and experience in the medical industry looking for a position as an LPN with (company name).
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.