ER Nurse Resume Objective
Emergency Room Nurses work in a variety of hospitals and medical facilities as part of a critical care team. An effective objective serves as an opportunity to show prospective employers qualities and skills that set you apart as an applicant. A clear, focused statement encourages hiring managers to continue reading and learn more about your qualifications.
What The ER Nurse Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Nurses working in emergency rooms hold a broad range of patient care responsibilities, requiring a diverse skill set. In addition to exceptional clinical knowledge, ER Nurses must also be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members and colleagues. A resume for this position should highlight qualities that demonstrate the ability to think critically, make quick decisions and maintain calm in high-stress situations. Use the objective as an opportunity to highlight experience in emergency medicine and patient care.
Sample ER Nurse Resume Objectives
An objective should always include the name of the hospital or clinic to convey your genuine interest to hiring managers. Here are a few examples of statements that can be customized for your resume:
1. Confident, team-oriented nursing professional seeks position as ER Nurse with ABC hospital that utilizes skills in critical assessment, communication and organization to elevate patient care and contribute to performance of Emergency Department.
2. Seeking position as ER Nurse with ABC clinic that utilizes specialized knowledge in wound care, trauma response and team communication to provide high-quality care and support positive patient outcomes.
3. Dedicated, results-oriented professional with 12+ years experience providing exceptional patient care in fast-paced, high-stress environment seeks position as ER Nurse Manager with ABC hospital.
4. Obtain position as ER Charge Nurse that enables utilization of skills in team communication, organization, and best practice improvement to support Emergency Department of ABC hospital.
5. Looking for position with ABC hospital as ER Nurse that allows utilization of critical care experience, critical problem solving skills and empathy to deliver exceptional service to patients and their families.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
ER Nurse @ Express ER Care
Efficient Registered Nurse with 6 years of experience in an Emergency Department (1 of the years as a nurse tech through nursing school) and 1 year working all areas of an outpatient surgery center (p...
6 yrs 7 mo
Float Pool Staff Nurse,ER/Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse @ Regional One Health Medical Center
Driven Registered Nurse experienced in Med-Surg/Med-Surg Tele, Emergency Room, trauma recovery, and acute care licensed in Tennessee. Compassionate, caring and comfortable working with people of all ...
ER/Travel Registered Nurse, ICU @ Fastaff Nursing
Diligent Nursing professional with demonstrated success in emergency patient care. Agile and responsive to dynamic patient needs and environmental conditions. Team-oriented and reliable with expert he...
5 yrs 8 mo
Staff Nurse, ER @ Avera St. Mary's Hospital
Resourceful Registered Nurse with twenty five years of experience caring for patients and working closely with other healthcare staff. Well-rounded individual skillful in providing emotional support t...
20 yrs 2 mo
ER Nurse @ Houston Methodist
Motivated worker seeking opportunity to gain hands-on experience to complement formal education. Excellent communicator with positive attitude and warm personality beneficial to patient care. Attentiv...
2 yrs 1 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.