CDL Driver Resume Objectives
A CDL Driver has the license qualifications to operate a truck. They are in charge of transporting goods from one location to another. If you are interested in becoming a CLD Driver, then create a well-written resume with a clear and confident objective statement. Employers will focus on this statement and will utilize it to get a good picture of you. Highlight your talents, skills and experience and show them that you are the job candidate they are looking for.
What the CDL Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
CDL Drivers have a variety of job responsibilities. Some of these can include performing truck inspections, adhering to proper safety procedures while driving, exercising caution while transporting dangerous materials, keeping vehicle repair logs, managing paperwork for proof of delivery and helping workers unload cargo. Important skills for this position to mention in your objective statement include customer service and communication, interpersonal, time management and driving skills. CDL Drivers should also practice responsibility, have the ability to work alone, have good road knowledge, have excellent work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure.
Sample CDL Driver Resume Objectives
Is there a specific company you are interested in working for? If so, include their name in your objective statement to show your dedication. Here are some sample resume objectives:
1. Looking to secure a CDL Driver position with (company name) as an individual with the proper license and exceptional communication, driving and time management skills.
2. Responsible, hard-working individual with five years of experience driving trucks searching for a CDL Driver position with (company name).
3. Seeking employment with (company name) as a CDL Driver that will display exceptional driving and communication skills as well as 10 years of experience.
4. Searching for a CDL Driver position with (company name) that will allow for the good use of driving skills and knowledge trucks and the road.
5. Obtain a CDL Driver position with (company name) that will enable an individual with five years of truck driving experience to successfully utilize exceptional driving and communication skills.
Skills To Put in a CDL Driver Resume Objective
Sometimes hiring managers reject or accept an application based on what they read in the resume objective. To keep the reader engaged, include skills in this section that are relevant to CDL driver job. This can improve your chances of getting called for an interview.
An employer’s job description provides a good starting point to help you pick the right skills for your objective statement. Look for the CDL driver requirements that match your qualifications. As a rule of thumb, don’t limit your list to your technical abilities. The personal attributes you bring to the table are equally important.
The list below gives you ideas of the type of skills you could include in the objective section:
- Perform maintenance tasks
- Ability to repeatedly lift 75 to 100 pounds
- Excellent practical driving skills
- Knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure materials
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional road safety awareness
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience driving trucks with automatic and manual transmissions
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to comply with federal and state regulations
- Able to read, speak, and write English well
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.