Call Center Representative Resume Objective
Fulfilling responsibilities ranging from technical assistance to general customer service functions, call centers and their representatives support just about every industry imaginable. They act as an important link between companies and consumers and must possess solid communication skills. The first opportunity to display your qualifications is through a well-stated objective.
What The Call Center Representative Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Emphasizing your communication abilities is highly recommended as part of any call center resume objective. Specific skills to focus on would include active listening as well a clear ability to communicate both written and verbally, plus any additional languages spoken. Discuss any related previous experience in any customer service and technical support roles that would pertain to a remote assistance position, and be sure to highlight skills such as problem-solving or critical thinking. Employers are seeking individuals who not only speak and listen well, but who can independently produce solutions for real-world situations.
Sample Call Center Representative Objectives
Your resume objectives should clearly link your qualifications with your desire to work in this field, illustrating for hiring managers why you’d be an ideal candidate. Always be sure to reference the name of the company you are applying to in order to display your genuine interest.
1. A motivated individual seeks a position with ABC Company that would benefit from a friendly, well-spoken demeanor and a genuine desire to help people solve problems.
2. Qualified dispatcher with five years of experience in search of a role with ABC Company in a fast-paced work environment which will benefit from clear communication skills and an even temperament.
3. Experienced support representative specializing in PC and Internet-related matters seeks a position with ABC Company that will allow for utilization of good people skills and comprehensive technical knowledge.
4. Outgoing, cheerful go-getter seeking an opportunity at ABC Company to assist others through genuine interest and compassion plus strong listening and problem-solving skills.
5. Obtain a challenging position with ABC Company that will allow for utilization of strong background in computers and wireless networks.
Skills To Put in a Call Center Representative Resume Objective
As a call center representative, you’re often the first and only point of contact customers have with the brands they trust. Employers need to know you have the skills to be their ambassador in those communications. With that in mind, you need to reflect your skills in call center customer support in your objective statement.
The objective statement is part of what experts refer to as “above the fold,” or the part of the resume that gets the most attention. Use this space wisely by working a combination of hard and soft skills into your objective and summary to present yourself as well-rounded. Harvest these skills from your personal talents and from the skills employers seek in target job advertisements.
Try out these examples of call center representative skills:
- Rapid call handling in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent accuracy in typing and order taking
- Outstanding QA/QC scores on scripted calls
- Customer relationship management and development
- Customer loyalty programs and program up-sells
- Sensitive listening to understand customer needs and recommend products or solutions
- Ability to quickly answer questions about the most minute product detail
- Strong persuasive selling to open new customer accounts and upgrade account tiers
- Capable of sensing unspoken expectations and overcoming objections to purchase
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.