Administrative Coordinator Resume Objective
An administrative coordinator serves as both an assistant and a manager of various aspects in and related to an office to ensure that operations are running smoothly. When trying to obtain such a position it is critical that you express your skills and abilities related to the position in your objective.
What The Administrative Coordinator Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An administrative coordinator wears many hats and handles several different aspects related to the functioning of the office. As such, individuals must have strong time and project management abilities, along with superior organization and communication skills. Depending upon the position requirements, an administrative coordinator may also need some budgeting experience. These are all skills that you want to highlight in your objective. However, you do not want it to sound like a list of skills, but rather a statement of the type of working professional that you are.
Sample Administrative Coordinator Resume Objectives
Below are five examples of customizable objective statements. Different industries will stress the need for specific skills, so your objective should focus on those desired traits. It is also good to state the name of or at least make reference to the company that you are applying to. This adds a customized touch and shows your true interest in the company and not just a job.
1. Experienced administrative professional with X years in the field seeking to utilize skills in a progressive position with a reputable company such as ABC Company.
2. Hard-working business administration graduate with strong management experience desires an entry level position with a thriving, progressive company like ABC Company.
3. Looking to apply strong administrative, management, budgeting and customer service skills in an administrative coordinator position with ABC Company.
4. Knowledgeable management professional with over X years of management and customer service experience seeking to apply strong administrative and budgeting skills in an advanced administrative position with a respectable firm.
5. Accomplished administrative coordinator looking to advance in career and apply strong management, organization and relational skills in an administrative position with a growing company.
Skills To Put in an Administrative Coordinator Resume Objective
Employers understand that it takes a special breed to be an administrative coordinator. You have to be among the best at multi-tasking while still paying special attention to the small details of the job. Communicating such a skill set is vital in the early part of your resume, as recruiters who see it are more likely to pay closer attention to you as a candidate.
Administrative coordinator jobs require a unique blend of industry specific expertise and soft skills. Consider the technical knowledge you possess that directly relates to the job and list those attributes first in your skills section. Follow those up with the general characteristics that allow you to wear the multiple hats this job is sure to require.
The following example customized to an administrative coordinator position offers an idea on how to best do this:
- Extensive experience using the many applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with the many details of scheduling meetings, multi-location teleconferences, and corporate events
- Proficient in process mapping and developing organizational charts
- Well-versed in in the requirements for securing IT resources for presentations and supporting those functions during events
- Strong understanding of developing training and onboarding initiatives
- Adept at helping organize cross-functional workgroups
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.