An assistant principal is in charge of overseeing teachers and students as well as implementing various educational programs throughout the school. Generally, these positions will require a certain level of higher education in addition to some teaching experience. A quality resume objective will be concise and convince prospective employers to continue reading your resume.
What the Assistant Principal Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Assistant principals handle student discipline, communicating with teachers and coordinating school resources. Overall, they manage many school functions and resources and must be able to handle many issues at once. They work closely with all staff, including the principal. For your resume objective, try to highlight your ability to multitask and pay close attention to your experience level. School systems want to know that you are educated and have a firm handle on what a particular school really needs as it moves forward in the education of youngsters.
Sample Assistant Principal Resume Objectives
When writing the resume objective, name the school or school system to indicate a genuine desire for working in that area. Emphasize any skills or education that will give you a competitive edge.
1. Dedicated and experienced education professional seeks an Assistant Principal position with XYZ School System to take advantage of knowledge of child psychology, creative problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
2. Educator with 10+ years teaching experience as well as 5+ years in school administration seeks an Assistant Principal position with XYZ School System to utilize teamwork, accounting, and program implementation talents.
3. Highly motivated individual searching for Assistant Principal position with XYZ School System to advance educational career and use budgeting, communication, and organizational skills.
4. Seeking an Assistant Principal position with XYZ School System to enable use of 5+ years educational experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Looking for an Assistant Principal position with XYZ School System to enable the usage of budget and educational program implementation skills.
Skills To Put in an Assistant Principal Resume Objective
When you create an assistant principal resume, you need to make sure you stand out over other jobseekers. The objective statement is one place where you should point out highly relevant hard and soft skills the employer is looking for. These skills demonstrate that you have what it takes to succeed and that you are a good fit for the company.
When determining which skills to include, examine your strengths, and choose ones that relate directly to the job you want. It also helps to look at the job description for the abilities the hiring manager is looking for. List ones that match up with your skillset. To help you get started, you will often see the following skills in an assistant principal resume:
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, and collaborate with a variety of people
- Excellent capacity to lead with intelligence and morality in an instructional environment
- Strong data-analysis skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback to improve academic outcomes
- Great relationship-building abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Openness to learn and grow in a multifaceted environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Quick and sound decision-making skills in discipline and crisis situations
- Knowledge of both traditional learning styles and innovative teaching techniques
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Dependable Electrician skilled in performing preventive and regular maintenance work on electrical systems. Exceptional ability to adapt to new technology and concepts. In-depth knowledge of generator...
7 yrs 10 mo
Skilled Ophthalmic Technician adept at evaluating complex eye diseases and cross-examining patient medical history to verify information. Prepares patients for ophthalmology tests and maintains all op...
28 yrs 7 mo
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforceme...
3 yrs 8 mo
Hardworking writing and editing professional proficient in checking and correcting articles, memos, letters and online postings for accuracy and form. Offering more than 15 years of related experience...
15 yrs 4 mo
Experienced H.R. Generalist, Recruiter, Social Media Marketer, and Sales professional well versed in employment law, payroll, benefits, employee coaching, and team building. Proven successful track re...
20 yrs 3 mo