There are plenty of opportunities to land a 911 Dispatcher job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a 911 Dispatcher resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly focused and dependable 911 Dispatcher with a superb record of emergency management customer service for a variety of institutions. Adept at multitasking and prioritizing in a high-pressure work environment. Excellent communicator in crisis situations for a wide variety of diverse populations.
- Wide breadth of emergency dispatch experience
- Sound grasp of public safety principles and practices
- Strong expertise in determining emergency nature and location
- Superior ability to prioritize multiple emergency calls and dispatch appropriate services
- Excellent facility with a wide variety of communications equipment
- High oral and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and organizational abilities
- Receive and respond to campus emergency telephone calls.
- Route dispatch calls to police and fire departments as appropriate.
- Determine locations and severity of campus emergencies.
- Coordinate and monitor emergency response activity.
- Maintain and update all activity logs and video cameras.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all incident logs and equipment.
- Calmed angry and distressed callers in difficult or emergency situations.
- Relayed all call information accurately and fully to appropriate emergency responders.
- Maintained and updated all call logs, security surveillance cameras, and other equipment on a regular basis.
- Assisted emergency responders and security staff as required.
Skills To Put in a 911 Dispatcher Resume Objective
A resume objective is a place where job seekers can truly shine. In this short section of the resume, candidates can express their proudest achievements and most valuable industry skills. Some employers make a quick decision about a candidate based on the strength of the resume objective, so it’s important for applicants to put their best foot forward.
If you want to build a resume for a job as a 911 dispatcher, you’ll need to demonstrate your capability to perform under pressure in this demanding but important job. Look at the job description for specifics about which skills are most important. Here are some top skills you should include in your 911 dispatcher resume objective:
- Ability to run a multi-line emergency dispatch system
- Strong understanding of the local geography and streets
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR
- Understanding of police and fire emergency codes
- Typing speed of 35 words per minute or more
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Skilled at keeping people calm
- Understanding of local laws and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Quick decision-making skills
- Ability to stay calm
- Top verbal communication skills
911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives
911 Dispatchers hold the very important responsibility of operating telephone and computer equipment and relaying vital information to the appropriate law enforcement agency. A good objective will clearly communicate to the hiring manager that you have the skills and qualifications to succeed in the position and carry out your duties effectively.
What The 911 Dispatcher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A number of skills are required to be a successful 911 Dispatcher. Good customer service skills are essential because dispatchers regularly have to stay on the phone with the caller for comfort and reassurance. Other tasks include asking questions to the caller to determine the severity of the situation, relaying information to law enforcement agencies, recording details of calls, and monitoring radio frequencies to stay up-to-date on developing situations. Your resume objective should make the prospective employer confident that you can handle these responsibilities.
Sample 911 Dispatcher Resume Objectives
As you are writing your objective statement, you should make sure to include any relevant experiences and talents that make you well-qualified for the position. You should also ensure that the name of the company you are applying for is included to display your genuine interest in working with the organization.
1. Seeking employment as a 911 Dispatcher for ABC company to apply skills in customer service and documenting information.
2. Motivated individual desiring a 911 Dispatcher position with ABC company to use strengths involving working with the public, communicating with personnel, and operating communication systems.
3. Looking for a position with ABC company as a 911 Dispatcher to utilize experiences in monitoring alarm systems and answering telephones.
4. Proactive and results-oriented professional with 10+ years of experience in providing medical instructions to callers, relaying messages to and from emergency sites, and determining response requirements seeking a 911 Dispatcher position at ABC company.
5. Obtain a rewarding 911 Dispatcher position with ABC company to employ skills with working with the general public and working with computers.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
911 Emergency Dispatcher @ City Of Columbus
Dedicated 911 Dispatcher offering 15+ years of related experience. Familiar with managing emotions and staying clear-headed under pressure. Extensive training in police and fire protocols. Attentive P...
25 yrs 8 mo
911 Dispatcher @ Liberty County Sheriffs Office
Dedicated 911 Dispatcher offering several years of related experience. Familiar with managing emotions and staying clear-headed under pressure. Reliable employee seeking a full time position. Offering...
4 yrs 8 mo
911 Emergency Dispatcher @ EAMC
Im an attentive and responsible person with a calm and compassionate approach to emergency response and medical needs. I have always had a heart for patient care. I am organized, a good listener and m...
6 yrs 8 mo
911 Emergency Dispatcher @ City Of New Haven
Dedicated 911 Dispatcher offering 7+ years of related experience. Familiar with managing emotions and staying clear-headed under pressure. Extensive training in EMD and emergency protocols. Successful...
12 yrs 8 mo
911 Emergency Dispatcher @ Kentucky State Police
Focused 911 Dispatcher bringing seven years' experience in the field. Well-versed in keeping emotions under control in order to work well in high-pressure moments. . Driven team player with a demonstr...
18 yrs 1 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.