During an interview, many interviewees like to ask questions about the company. For example, they may ask, “What’s the best thing about the company” If an interviewee asks this question, they probably want to know why they should accept the job offer.
Make sure to highlight the reasons it is beneficial for people to work for the company. You can highlight compensation plans, the company culture, and employee benefits.
Keep in mind that the term best is relative. Every employee probably has different ideas of what is best about the company. For this reason, it is often helpful to highlight the strengths of the company.
Points to Emphasize
If you receive this question, you should talk about your favorite aspect of the company.
Then highlight other key advantages such as the following:
- Discuss the company culture.
- Highlight the health, medical, retirement, paid time off, compensation plans, and other benefits that employees receive.
- Talk about employees who have excelled with the company, and mention any opportunities for growth.
- Discuss skills and knowledge the individual will gain if they work for the company.
Your answer to this question is a great opportunity to sell the interviewee on the job, so they are more likely to accept the position.
Mistakes You Should Avoid
The best answers are encouraging and positive, helping the interviewee understand the strengths of the company.
- Avoid anything negative that may discourage the interviewee from accepting the job.
- Try not to compare to other specific companies.
- Do not stutter or take a long time to respond. The best thing about the company should be obvious to you.
- Avoid overselling the strengths of the company, because this can often sound far fetched.
Remember, the interviewee just wants an honest answer. Tell them the reasons you like your job. You can also highlight the reasons others enjoy working for the company.
Sometimes it can be hard to choose one particular thing you like best about the company. If this is the case, just share your top choices. Here is a sample answer to help you.
There are so many wonderful things about working for the company. My favorite is probably the flexibility I have with my hours. I also love the company culture and enjoy working with everyone. A lot of employees love their jobs because it looks great on a resume and allows them to gain a lot of knowledge.
It is completely okay if you do not highlight everything that is amazing about the company. Just make sure to discuss a few things you love, so the interviewee will feel excited about the job possibility.