The following represents a tentative voluntary child support agreement letter between my client Kathleen Mapes and her ex-husband Donald Matthews. After a series of amicable sessions and negotiations both parties find the proceeding terms acceptable.
Both parties agree day-to-day expenses will be incurred by the parent responsible for any current living arrangements. Medical and insurance benefits will be paid by the father. Until the children graduate from college uninsured expenses will be covered 75% by the father and the remaining 25% by the mother. Parents will split college fund contributions and income tax benefits. The children will live with their mother 60% of the time and 40% of the time with their father. This will be broken down into a schedule that fits both parents’ lifestyles including a full week with the father at least every three months. Both parties agree to be flexible with scheduling.There are other issues Ð event of death conflict resolution transportation expenses etc. Ð that are still being ironed out.
We will submit full documentation to the court for final approval by the end of the week. Thank you for your time.