Adjunct Professors are distinct from traditional college professors by being contractual rather than permanent. Their flexibility and lower salaries allow universities to hire many more of them, but it is also easier to be hired as an Adjunct Professor. Often a school will opt to hire an Adjunct professor instead of closing one of its less popular programs, which allows professors to be hired for unique subjects. Even if the requirements are lower, a solid resume is still essential for being hired.
What The Adjunct Professor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The most important skill your resume objective should capture is your teaching ability, of course. You should also include knowledge or working experience in whichever field you are applying to teach. Additionally, including any skills or experience with professional written or oral communication, administration, leadership, or even psychology could benefit your resume and make you more appealing. You should strive to capture these abilities on your resume in a clear and concise way.
Sample Adjunct Professor Resume Objectives
Many professionals are hired as Adjunct Professors, so you should focus on presenting yourself as a unique option. Focus on how being hired will benefit the institution and the students. It can also be very effective to include the name of the institution to capture your excitement to be hired. Use these example resume objectives to help you create your own:
1. Seeking the opportunity to utilize education and communication abilities as an Adjunct Professor with ABC Company while incorporating administration and leadership skills.
2. Dedicated and caring professional looking for an Adjunct Professor position with ABC Company putting teaching, counseling, and public speaking skills into practice.
3. Individual with extensive education background desiring Adjunct Professor work with ABC Company that values public and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Seeking to transfer 4+ years experience in teaching and psychology to ABC Company as an Adjunct Professor with personal service and communication experience.
5. Professional with eight years experience in education looking for Adjunct Professor position with ABC Company that encourages critical thinking and personal teaching.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Criminal Justice Adjunct Professor @ California Baptist University
Communicative Professor strives to teach course information and build students' lifelong skills. Creates vibrant teaching atmosphere and consistency supports students through openness and transparency...
12 yrs 10 mo
Adjunct Professor(Lone Star College) @ CISD
Hardworking reliable Media Production Specialist and Technologist with strong computer programming and problem solving skills. Offerings are innovative, technical and creative. I'm highly organized wi...
20 yrs 10 mo
Adjunct Assistant Professor @ Vassar College
Highly-qualified Adjunct Professor specializing in inorganic and organic chemistry. Excellent class lecturer who engages students in discussion and enjoys challenging students with problem solving tec...
17 yrs 7 mo
Adjunct Psychology Professor @ Saint Leo University
SUMMARY PROFILE United States Air Force Veteran with over 20 years of supervisory professional experience. Dedicated professional with a history of meeting company goals utilizing consistent and organ...
10 yrs 11 mo
Adjunct Professor @ Roosevelt University
Focused Account Specialist with 6 years of experience. Adept at writing detailed reports and budgets, completing detailed financial analysis and planning strategically for top client services. Detail-...
19 yrs 6 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.